Hide
19 Posts

Mayday Games» Forums » General

Subject: My Order Experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon Smith
msg tools
I ordered a Mahogany Crokinole Tournament Board from Mayday via Amazon reassured by the shipping policy:

Quote:
We ship Monday-Friday and generally ship via the Post Office or UPS/Fedex normally unless you request otherwise. We are committed to shipping your order quickly!

That was several weeks ago it still hasn't shipped, the board is still listed as in stock. I can't cancel the order as they have generated a tracking number with Fedex so as far as Amazon is concerned it's shipped.

I've tried contacting via Amazon, the Mayday website contact form and maydaygames@gmail.com and have yet to receive any kind response.

How long do I wait before filing a claim with Amazon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
You've done the right thing posting here... someone from Mayday is bound to show up with a plethora of excuses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
sws26 wrote:

How long do I wait before filing a claim with Amazon?

File it now. Mayday is awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here we go yet again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walsh
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd file a claim. That's ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Smith
msg tools
Oddly the Amazon reviews for Mayday aren't bad at all, I wasn't even aware of the controversy until I started looking them up when my order never shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Smith
msg tools
This just gets stranger... I finally got an email from Seth:

Quote:
We are sorry but we cannot confirm the shipment internationally, the Crokinole board is too large to ship via USPS Post Office (they won’t accept it) and it is too expensive to ship via Fedex or UPS Ground. They will charge you around $40 in customs/duties/processing to accept it.

Regards,

Seth Hiatt
Mayday Games

Apparently California is counted as international from Utah... I've ordered products online hundreds of times and never had an experience quite like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sws26 wrote:
I've ordered products online hundreds of times and never had an experience quite like this.

If I had a nickel each time I heard that in a Mayday games thread...

I'd probably have a bunch of nickels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shannon,

Sorry for the mix up, there is another customer who has put through a bunch of orders for a Crokinole board to Canada and I assumed it was you. After your reply back I checked into this and see that my Shipping Manager simply did not send this out like he should have. I emailed him the label for your order on the afternoon of September 13 and your expected delivery per Amazon was from Sept. 13 - 17, so it should have gotten to you in plenty of time.

Here we are a week later and it simply has not shipped. Please let me know if you want a refund or to have us send you the board out tomorrow.

I am very sorry and am happy to refund your shipping if you do still want the board. It probably wouldn't be to you until Monday though.

Again, I am sorry this happened, it should not have and it is totally our fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sws26 wrote:
Oddly the Amazon reviews for Mayday aren't bad at all, I wasn't even aware of the controversy until I started looking them up when my order never shipped.

You're right Shannon, our history on Amazon has been really good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&as...

This sort of thing has happened a time or two in the past but usually it is a question of an out of stock item or some sort of shipping glitch. This time I can only attribute it to total incompetence on our part. We should have had this out to you and didn't. The expected delivery date is the 17th at the latest and and it is the 19th/20th and you don't have it yet. No excuse.

Please let me know if you want a refund or to have us ship you the board and refund your shipping as well? I'm happy to do either and am very sorry for our error here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
After your reply back I checked into this and see that my Shipping Manager simply did not send this out like he should have.

How can things like this just happen all the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Smith
msg tools
Thanks for that, and yes I would still like the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sws26 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Seth wrote them himself. He got in trouble here back in the day for starting fake shill accounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
How can things like this just happen all the time

It's like Groundhog Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shannon,

Per the Fedex # 127578915032967 this did go out today and you should have it on Monday. I am very sorry for our error and hope you enjoy the game. I have also refunded your shipping in full back to your CC. You should see the credit in a few days when Amazon posts it.

Thanks again for your business and I'm very sorry about the error. Our shipping department has been doing much better generally but still has a ways to go I see. I'm very sorry again for the trouble, it was totally our fault. I'm just glad you will have it by the 24th. Please email me back directly if you need anything else at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Smith
msg tools
Thanks Seth, I appreciate your effort to make up for the delay. I do have one suggestion for you that would improve your business image tremendously. Make sure you answer (or at least acknowledge) all support requests within 24 hours.

The shipping delay never really bothered me that much, what did was sending an inquiry about it and getting nothing back. The day after the first request the frustration is starting to increase and so I send of another request (this time via email), still nothing. Three days after the initial support request I've tried sending a message 3 different ways, leaving negative feedback on Amazon and still no response. The feeling that your frustration is being ignored is a uniquely madding one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shannon for the follow up and for your feedback. I agree 100%, I usually do answer all Amazon stuff myself and keep on top of it but didn't do it the last few days of last week. I'll put in some additional controls to be sure things are always handled quickly as you recommend. Please let me know if you need anything else at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Smith
msg tools
The board finally arrived today and I'm quite happy with it. It looks great and plays well. There are 4 very minor smudge marks in the finish that are only visible when viewed at low angles and aren't detectable by touch. The marks are symmetrical at 90 degree increments so I suspect are a result of the manufacturing process and exist on every board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the follow up post Shannon, yes about all of them from this run have those same smudge marks you are talking about. It should not effect game play at all though and we hope the board will get a lot of play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.