Subject: Hammers Rocket Punch ignore cover? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that "C" attacks ignore cover and that the Hammer's rocket punch is a range "1" not "C", so by the rules I am making the assumption that an attacked unit can still benefit from corner cover or the like? I do not seem to find an exception anywhere, but the "flavor" of their melee like attack would seem to go along with ignoring cover like a knife attack. Is there such an exception I have simply neglected to find, or are cover rolls available when being attacked by the Hammers/Rhino ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get the idea that the Hammers/Rhino's Rocket Punch is range 1 and not C?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll have to actually look at the card. I was playing Germans and simply asked the Allied player and was told it was "1". If it is indeed "C" that would clear up the cover question and I guess I should have been able to counter attack with knives as well. Good to know for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't trust those sneaky allies. Rocket Punch is range C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kline

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what a cheater, demand to see the unit card next time :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was his second game, and only my 5th (took longer to paint the two core sets than I had anticipated), so we are both running on blind ignorance at this point. Probably would not hurt to have pics of your opponents card when still so unfamiliar though, to not only make sure the weapon lines are being rolled properly, but also to better appreciate the opponents "kill zone" and better use distance and maneuvering.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
All knives, knives and grenades, rocket punch and heavy rocket punch are range "c", regardless of what's written on the cards... Some old cards were revised for a reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenton wrote:
I guess I'll have to actually look at the card.

that usually helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.