Subject: OpFire explanation...rules are throwing me off a bit. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lugenia Zotz
United States
Windthorst
Texas
flag msg tools
Ok. On pg 14 of master set, World Spanner, (on bottom of page in yellow "opportunity fire" section) in "the enemy-in-space restriction" it tells me to ignore the inability to optfire at any enemy if it is moving out of or into my space. (basically if read it makes it seem like I can fire upon someone in my hex if they moved into it)

Ok, so I can Optfire on someone who is exiting my space or entering it, right?

Also, (in the blue column) in "one space only" it tells me if I have optfire2 I could shoot at either B or C after they move up from the tunnel and into my spot. (Could I fire upon either of them if they stayed in the tunnel-above ground-hex?) Apparently I can fire at either of them since they're moving into my space. So A fires at B in the above-ground tunnel hex and cannot fire upon C in his own hex? Confusing(then why did you tell me to ignore in space rules)!

It said to ignore "in space restrictions" if moving into your space so, If I can't fire at C, then does that mean I can never fire upon an enemy in my space, even when they're moving into my space?

The Enemy-in-space restriction reads:

Normally, a character cannot use a ranged weapon if an enemy is in their space. Surfing opprtunity fire, however, this is only true if an enemy starts in the character's space, and stays there. Enemies leaving or entering the space during their Move phase do not prevent opportunity fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules handy, but, from what I recall, you cannot opfire someone in your own hex. You can opfire someone on the way to your hex, or someone leaving your hex, however. Upshot is, if someone begins movement in the hex next to yours, they can move into your hex and not have to worry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lugenia Zotz
United States
Windthorst
Texas
flag msg tools
Can an enemy be fired upon while sharing a space with another enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lugenia Zotz
United States
Windthorst
Texas
flag msg tools
Never mind I found it. No shooting while your space is occupied by an enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.