Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
To me wargming is all about playing face to face and I'm fortunate enough to have plenty of gamers around me. Occasionally though I like to fiddle with Vassal to learn a game. What I don't like though is setting stuff up on a computer. So my question is:

Are there any good Vassal modules where all the pieces are on the board from the start? So I can just fiddle about?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: Most all of them.

Off the top of my head, PoG, PuG, HIS, VQ, AVL and F&E all have everything set up. In fact, ASL (with its hundreds of scenarios) is the only one I can immediately think of where you commonly need to do your own setting up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this Geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/140405/a-tip-of-the-hat-to...

It has every game that I have played on VASSAL.

Of those, every single one was set-up if the scenario was already set up. Two of the games called for units to be set up by the owner's discretion (Totensonntag, Storm over Arnhem), so they are not set-up.

In addition to these, I have also played B-17: Queen of the Skies, which is a solitaire-only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.