Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any house rules or variants for someone who has more than one Battleball set? Like being able to choose their starting eleven, being able to swap out injured guys between drives, that sort of thing?

Anything? Bueller?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that would be cool.

Since it's such a light game, you could try just allowing coaches to pick the players they want, without worrying about the balance a points system would bring. After all, a team with all big guys is going to be very slow, and a team with all fast guys is going to be very squishy.

The only variant I've seen is painting them green and yellow, to have four teams!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
cardshark28800 wrote:
Are there any house rules or variants for someone who has more than one Battleball set? Like being able to choose their starting eleven, being able to swap out injured guys between drives, that sort of thing?

Anything? Bueller?

I have a few sets and started converting/rethemeing another fictional football game's ruleset (fantasy based, but I won't name the actual game so as not to attract their warp-spawned legal team) to a sci-fi cyborg theme so as to use the sets for a tournament type thing. I'm probably 25% complete with it if anyone is interested. I reached a point where I started to doubt if it was worth the effort. The odds of people having multiple sets is probably low, the lack of variety of minis further reduces possible interest by others when they can just get into that "other game", and it goes against whole simplicity charm that Battleball has. In the end, I'd probably only use it with my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.