Popular Tags: [View All]
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
googoogoo

Played Puerto Rico with all the expansion pieces.
It had been quite a while and was quite enjoyable.
You really have to link together the sets of buildings very carefully.

A round of Ankh mor Pork.
I forgot that you win by meeting your condition at the beginning, not the end of your turn.
I handily announced my winning condition at the end (making me a target for the rest).

A good game of acquire as well.

If you played 'em Post 'em.

See you in 14!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 7-player game of 7 Wonders with both Leaders and Cities. It was the first time with expansions for a lot of us. I came in 6th trying a money-heavy strategy with Ephesus (having Midas and Berenice as leaders), which was largely ineffective, especially with so many "everybody else loses 3 gold" cards floating around from the Cities expansion. Sean won by a 10 point margin with LOTS of new black cards (9 of them?) and a guild that gives victory points for having black cards (!!), along with a solid military.

I then played a 3-player game of Manhattan Project. I failed to set up a resource/meeple generating engine, so I largely watched the other two players play their 5-minute turns while I placed a single meeple each turn. I made a little comeback on my last few turns thanks to several espionage actions, and I executed an air strike in an attempt to slow down the leader, but the other two players were each on the verge of winning the game with 60+ points (by building and loading their 4th or 5th bombs) on the same turn that I made my first bomb. I really need to play this one again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us early arrivers did a couple games of eclipse which were fun.

Dave, Lachlan, Steve and I played two games of Tichu and one of Smallworld. Langley won all 3 games, with Steve as a partner in one Tichu game and me as the other. The second Tichu game was REALLY close (I think we lost about 1000 to 200).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I failed to set up a resource/meeple generating engine, so I largely watched the other two players play their 5-minute turns while I placed a single meeple each turn.

The 2 most important things to do in the early game:

* Get Workers
* Get Buildings

Doing one well and not the other will make things difficult for you. Doing neither well will be a disaster. To some extent though, a massive surge of one can compensate for a lack of the other.

I like to think of Buildings themselves as a resource. The actual number of buildings you own - regardless of what they do - is significant. Don't underestimate the value of picking up "another cheap building," even if you already have a lot of buildings, or if it seems redundant, or if it doesn't seem to be very "good."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopper1 wrote:
Dave, Lachlan Langley, Steve and I played two games of Tichu and one of Smallworld. Langley won all 3 games, with Steve as a partner in one Tichu game and me as the other. The second Tichu game was REALLY close (I think we lost about 1000 to 200).

A correction made to the above. Not a biggie - just don't want Lachlan (or I) to develop a case of multiple personality disorder cool

Indeed good times. Was satisfying to wage war on Steve L. (for a change) in that first game of Eclipse...even if it did backfire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Langley. I got my names muddled as my mind slowly melted during the 9 hour gameathon. Next time I may refer to you as Clarice.

Lachlan, Langley, Mike, Steve L. - Eclipse
Langley, Dave, The Steve, Mike - Tichu!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
I failed to set up a resource/meeple generating engine, so I largely watched the other two players play their 5-minute turns while I placed a single meeple each turn.

The 2 most important things to do in the early game:

* Get Workers
* Get Buildings

Doing one well and not the other will make things difficult for you. Doing neither well will be a disaster. To some extent though, a massive surge of one can compensate for a lack of the other.

I like to think of Buildings themselves as a resource. The actual number of buildings you own - regardless of what they do - is significant. Don't underestimate the value of picking up "another cheap building," even if you already have a lot of buildings, or if it seems redundant, or if it doesn't seem to be very "good."

Yep. I got loads of workers early but ignored buildings, waiting for "good" buildings to become cheaper. I didn't realize you could put out as many workers as you wanted on your own buildings when you put one on the main board. The next thing I knew, the only buildings available were mines and enrichment plants (good if you can make use of them, but useless if you can't), and everybody else had two full rows of diverse buildings capable of doing 10+ things on any one of their turns... and I couldn't do squat. Their turns alternated between doing everything they could and retrieving workers; mine were "put out one worker to do one thing of little consequence; repeat x12; retrieve".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.