Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Countries with partisan values but no entries on the partisan table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are their partisan values for certain countries that have no entry on the partisan table, e.g. Syria en Egypt? Does the partisan value have any other effect than spawning those pesky little buggers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe it happens in Patton in Flames maps which are used for WiF. We bought the rolled brand new maps and there are some Cold War oddities, like these partisan values in colonies you mention or Palestina becoming Israel and Tel Aviv popping as a city in the Haffa hex.
The URSS also gets 30 partisans, instead of the classic 25, and Antioch and Alexandretta are part of Turkey, not of Syria.
On the other hand, Almeria -southern Spain- keeps it's invented denomination as Almiera (or probably it's old arab name?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rober's right. If you play Patton in Flames, then they are used. Otherwise, no effect on a regular WIF game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Lee
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can I determine which are the original partisan values and which are for Patton in Flames? I noticed that the electronic map I use for planning shows Portugal with no partisan value, but the map we are playing on shows Portugal with a partisan value of 3. I'm about to invade Portugal, so it will be relevant in the near future. I'm guessing we should ignore that for the standard Global War scenario? Wendell mentioned that USSR has a partisan value of 25, but even my electronic copy of the map is showing 30. Was that a typo or should we be using 25?

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.