Mark Edwards
United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The result with three veteran (well we all had at least 1 game under out belts!) players was a very tight game all the way through. After the first two scoring rounds it was me in the lead by a very slight margin over Dan (1 pt) and Marty (4 pts). Dan and I were wrestling over a nice collection (must've been 4 or 5 of em) of 2 and 3 value temples. But Marty started to build a small cluster of 4, 5, 6 value temples near his two camps and shot out to a lead after the 3rd scoring round, followed closely by me (2 or 3 pts?) and then further back Dan (8 or 9 pts?). Marty tried to isolate his gold mine of temple points but was unable to after Dan placed a camp on it's other flank, which also allowed me a gateway in.

There was a lot of jockeying for position going into the end game final scoring round. By a combination of luck and good tile placement I had isolated 3 nice temples (4, 4, and a 6) to myself. I had also pulled out a bit from Dan and I's battle over the 2's and 3's so I could battle Marty for a couple of his 5 value temples, I built up the 6 to an 8 and capped it (the only cap of the game!). Dan had consolidated the 2,3 temple area, built upon it, and also collected his 3rd complete set of treasures (18 pts!). He had also wrested one of Marty's 5 temples off of him. Marty pounced on opportunities that presented themselves, built up where he could, and in general desperately tried to preserve his lead.

The final scoring round saw Dan score a whopping 41 pts! This put the pressure on myself and Marty. I was able to score rather well myself and passed Dan by 4 pts. It was now up to Marty to see if he could bypass or tie me. After much mental wrestling he was able to come up with the tie.

The results Marty 108, Mark 108, Dan 104. Doesn't get much closer than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.