John Aria
msg tools
I think Nymeria sand takes the new useless card award for this expansion, taking it of course from the original Cersei Lannister. Does anyone else think she's a bad card and why do you think they made her like that and not with some cool effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Original Cersei... useless?! She's a gamebreaker if used at the right time!

Shrug, fort is always nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Aria
msg tools
Not the fort Cersei the one with effect of taking off an order token if you win, which was a zero, the card would be great if she was a four but I hated that card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Original Cersei... useless?! She's a gamebreaker if used at the right time!

Shrug, fort is always nice.

I used Cersei to prevent a Stark win the other day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might not be the only one who thinks Nymeria is useless. Though, really, forts on low cards are always good.

But you're definitely the only one who thinks original Cersei is useless. Go early in Iron Throne order to pick the weakest enemy area for the battle, or use siege engines to guarantee a win despite playing a 0, or attack somebody who's already burnt his 3s and 4s. When Cersei's text fires, kingdoms fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
You want a fort/castle icon on your lowest card, so if you are going to lose a battle you can just throw it away and save something. Martell is forced into doing some pointless battles to use up some cards, so the extra fort helps. It is fine, though I guess your point is related to the fac that all the other 0 cards have some text ability.

Doran Martell is the one that is a waste of a 4 card. Please, just give me a normal 4 card and put a cap on Quentyn's top strength as the balancing factor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Aria
msg tools
I think that Doran and Quentyn have a nice contrast because they're both good effects that can be used after each other, first Quentyn then Doran, or different for whichever one you want to keep in your deck. But Nymeria Sand is the only zero out of 84 cards that doesn't have an effect. Also I would give Cersei's card the useless title because it wasn't as good as the queen of thorns who almost had the same effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Kruis
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just played and won as Martells I think that she is just fine given the rest of their hand. The fact that she has a fortress means that you can just use her in an intentional loss with a lower risk of losing a unit. These intentional losses with low cards early on make using Quentin and Doran at high power possible. It forces a slow early game which actually can help because no one thinks you a threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.