Chris Halaska
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools

My Quickbar slots are very nearly full, and I need to do some rearranging & culling to make them more useful. Is there any way to edit all 10 Quickbar "pages" at the same time, so I can easily move items between them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Open one page in each of ten tabs in web browser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider opening them in separate windows. By resizing the windows, you should be able to get a number of them appearing at once. When the window resizes, the link URL gets smaller but the label of the link doesn't, so you may even be able to get all 10 on your screen at once. You may be able to turn off some toolbars, depending on your browser, to make each window smaller.

You might want to open a new window at first so you can minimize your browser with all your usual settings. Once you finish editing and saving, just close all the small windows and the settings of your minimized usual window should control the browser.

Another option is to copy all the titles and links into a text editor like notepad, rearrange them there, then copy them back into the quickbar links. This is a little more work, but it may be less confusing and less likely to accidentally overwrite something you want.

Still another option is that you may be able to drag and drop quickbar links into a browser bookmark folder. This is nice because the link name and the link stay together. Reorganize them in your browser, then copy them back. (Or you could just leave them since browser links have the same function.) You can also drag and drop into a directory.

These last two options let you reformat your quickbar by just deleting entries, which may be easier than editing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halaska
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools

Ah, brute force.

In my search for something elegant, I totally missed the obvious!
Thanks for the suggestions. One of those will work just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes brute force and ignorance is very effective! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.