Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1st time slept through rules/gave up , 2nd time lack of time , 3rd time did wrong glaciation action ( tundra tile didn't connect to another tundra tile)

We began by excluding reptile . We played the official variation by removing Intelligence, Parasitism and Omnivore, cards from the game.We finished the game in 3.5 hours

1. Birds heavily used their migration action and was everywhere on the board ,which also made sure they died the most
2. Spiders focused heavily on the tundra and kept going for survivor card be using free competition angry
3. Reptiles & Birds got into a tussle last the entire game , the best part being birds replicating entire element sheet of reptiles and taking away reptile's domination in last turn devil( Reptiles had kept 2 domination markers)
4. Monkey was monkeying around and it's sole purpose was to annoy others , it singly handedly eliminated 12-17 species of insects and spiders of board by removing a water element in 2nd last turn (Did I mention tile was sea? whistle)
5. Insects took it upon themselves to do wanderlust action & gain points slowly. Insects use extra speciation action to be present on best tiles before domination.

In the end magically(note: end scoring) reptiles won the game with a lead of 3 points , next insects , tie between birds and monkeys and spider last

Lesson we think we learned(common sense)

1. We didn't pay attention to end scoring and it affected everyone vastly
2. Never allow 1 player to do 3 wanderlust action at any cost
3. Never expand too quickly , in competition action you are most likely to be targeted , and having your species of board is dangerous later on.
4. Combination of Intiative and Depletion is deadly , unless planned ahead all your plans can be screwed.
5. You should make sure that use initiative in first few turns itself , as game progresses , it's difficult to let go of other actions (ooh I need that element for adaption , oooh I need that domination card to do this , OMG i need to save my element in regression etc etc)

Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing well in your first game analysis.

Now, you'll start to know how the animals types can best be used. Although, you hinted on a couple...

Nice post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank You . we plan to play again tomorrow 23rd Sep , shall hopefully apply these lessons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the game time shortened after several plays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.