Popular Tags: [View All]
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Figrim the Avaraicious trigger when Fall rolls into Winter on year three, ending the game. My initial thought is no, because it never "changes seasons" since the game is now over, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Zestrenocya
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had played this the way you suggested based on the same reasoning, but I then read on the End of game thread (page three of the forum board) a definitive statement from game publishers that the end of the final year does bring about 'change of season' effects as well as end of round effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
We had played this the way you suggested based on the same reasoning, but I then read on the End of game thread (page three of the forum board) a definitive statement from game publishers that the end of the final year does bring about 'change of season' effects as well as end of round effects.

Thank you for the quick reply Kim. (Odd happenstance: I just read your review of Seasons and thumb'd it.) I'll go read that thread.

It turns out it didn't matter. Just means that he came in second by 168-164 instead of 166-165. I managed to come from 90 crystals down playing the "whole lotta card scoring" strategy and win at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The season change, you get an extra energy. It's important for at least one card, giving you more crystal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.