Popular Tags: [View All]
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I've just played my 1st game using the core, Targaryen vs. Lannister, and have a few questions about things that confused me and my wife.

1. Queen Cersei's Chambers says it can be attached to a house card. Why would you do that?

2. Can you play attachments to other players' characters?

3. The Condemned by the Realm says to choose and kill a character "if able". What makes you able to kill a character?

4. Do you have to kneel a character to use abilities on the card? (I'm guessing not, unless specified?)

5. What's the difference between the dead and discard piles?

6. Pentoshi Guildmaster only seems to work in the discard pile. Is this normal - to stay in effect after being discarded?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. To protect it from things that destroy locations the flip side is that if you do choose to attach it to your house card that it will now instead be vulnerable to things which destroy attachments.

2. Yes, unless the gametext on the attachment doesn't allow it.

3. You are able to kill a character with that plot if there are characters in play that can be killed.

4. Only if the card says to.

5. Characters that are killed go to the dead pile. If you have a copy a unique character in your dead pile you may not bring another copy of that character into play.

6. I don't know what you mean by 'normal'. If the card states it works from the discard pile that is where it works from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Because then it becomes an Attachment and is immune to effects that kill or discard Locations.

2. Yes.

3. If there are any characters in play, that can be killed. Some effects make characters un-killable.

4. Only if it says Kneel to...

5. Duplicates of Dead Unique cards (With the little flag beside the title) cannot be played.

6. Cards with the Infinity Symbol next to their title can be brought back under certain circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, a few more...

7. Can you use use cards played during your Marshalling Phase straight away? For example, if I play Eastern Fiefdoms, can I kneel it straight away to reduce the cost of the next card I marshal?

8. Who controls an attachment played on an opponent's character? Eg. If I play poisoned wine on an oppponent's character, who is allowed to use its ability to "Kneel 1 influence to move Poisoned Wine to another eligible character".

9. Rhaegal has the ability: "Any Phase: Pay 1 gold to search your deck for a duplicate of Rhaegal and attach it to him. Then shuffle your deck." If I have 2 gold, do I have to use it on 2 different phases or can I use the ability twice in a row or do I have to wait for 2 different phases?

10. When a card has an ability, when can you use it? Can you wait for an opponent to announce their intention then interrupt them? Eg. Can you wait for an opponent to announce an attack type, then kneel Magister Illyrio to make them have to pay you gold?

11. With Magister Illyrio, if the opponent cannot pay gold, does that stop them attacking?

Thanks again, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7. Yes, but remember to track how many "Limited" keywords you play. You can't have 3 Fiefdoms in hand, pay 1 gold to play the first, kneel it to pay for the 2nd, kneel that to pay for the 3rd.

8. The card owner controls it unless otherwise specified.

9. You can activate it twice in the same phase, but it's two separate actions, and your opponent[s] would have opportunities to respond in between.

10. This is an question best answered by the timing charts included in the official FAQ. Certain responses can be played at certain times. In Core Set Illyrio's case, no, you couldn't make the timing work out that way. If it were, then his ability would be phrased as a "Response" type action, saying "after an opponent declares a challenge..."
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/suppor...

11. The language of that specific card doesn't make it a requirement. It's an "if able" effect. Other cards say "In order to declare a ___ challenge, that player must..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.