Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Favelo
United States
Purcellville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. Question: is there an order to players setting up their fleet? I may have missed it in the rules.

Currently I'm thinking players set up their fleet at the same time. The problem would be two players, eyeing each other, then one turns a few fighters toward the other, then that player turns a squadron toward the former, then there's a "cold war" of repositioning, until someone gives up so the game can start.

So, if I didn't miss a specific rule, is there a way to fix this? I was thinking it would be fun to put up screens to shield one's setup. Justification: according to the theme, all the fleets arrive at the same time, so this is how these all warped in or something.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered a fixed order for setup.

In theory, it could happen. In practice, it doesn't and we allow repositioning. The cases where we get the beginning of a cold war, it always settles after an iteration or two.

If you actually get a deadlock, the best way to settle would be via turn order. First player must lock his ships first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to use shields and have simultaneous blind set-up. I'll probably just grab them from another game for that purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Favelo
United States
Purcellville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what we are going to do. I think it will add to the fun--behind my shield I point all my ships toward Bob on the right, so I can really get him; we lift the shields, and find that all three of my opponents have aimed their ships at me--ack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.