Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered recently as I was preparing for a tournament with many games I didn't know that there are not too many strategy articles on the geek for some games. My objective here is not to provide a detailed analysis of the game, only to give a newbie a very basic outlook of general strategy.

CM 2008 is a game with one very simple premise. You need to maximize the number of cards in your deck that have card draws associated with them. Both sides each have a card that allows you to draw 2 cards and play one of them as well as a draw 3 cards. Those are essential. Using them and a number of "gain 1 support in econ/def and draw a card" cards you can eventually have your entire deck in your hand. At that point you can play a gain/draw card every turn and you almost can't lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dierking
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
Until you play against someone else that uses the same strategy, and the game will usually end in a draw with neither player able to gain any ground.

It's basically a more complicated Tic-Tac-Toe. Once both players know the 'trick', the game becomes pretty much unwinable... provided you can draft the right cards.

If you can't draft the right cards, you're pretty much screwed. And of course, games that you can win or lose before you even start playing are always the most fun, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, after playing this a few times, it gets really stale.

Not a good game I don't think, but building the infinite deck is the way to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.