No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear fellows..

im trying out tHfG for 1st time using standard core set and tHfG cards, playing solitaire with 2 player monosphere decks.

Tactic (Gimli, Legolas, Thali) and Spirit (Eowyn, Dunhere , Eleanor)

the deck seems focus on locations instead of enemy and my SPIRIT deck handle the questing well especially with their allies who can place progress tokens on active location and staging location.

the TACTIC team handle the rare combat easily though it seems the tactic team almost have nothing to do because of the rarity of enemies.

finished the quest easy, even easier than Passage Thru Mirkwood (Hunters of Mordor appears but only singly and dispatched easily)..

My questions are :

1. playing with 2 or more player deck setting make this quest easier or harder ? compared to SOLO ?
2. Is 2 player monosphere with TAC and SPI the perfect team ? or are there better 2 player monosphere combo like LORE+SPI or LDR+SPI ?
3. Is SPIRIT a MUST for this scenario ? the location heavy place makes me scared not using spirit heroes..
4. When trying this deck SOLO, should i use LEADER+SPIRIT or LORE+SPIRIT ?

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) This quest is easy. Solo or coop. Maybe coop is a bit more challenging, but it depends on how (or when) the tracks appear in the game.

2) I prefer using 2-sphere or 3-sphere decks over mono, but in this case I'll say that spirit mono + lore mono is more consistent. Lore has really good allies (Haldir, Gildor Inglorion, some dwarves) plus they can heal and they add card advantage.

3) Any location-focused scenario is a good target for spirit players. Heck, even non location-focused ones. Maybe that's because I love spirit so much , but they have some of the best cards (cancel effects/shadows, "resurrections", threat reduction cards...) aside from being the willpower leaders.

4) Try any combo you prefer. Both of them are nice. I prefer to play Leadership + Spirit, this way you have more control (and there aren't that many enemies).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.