Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And, not to sound like the annoying English teacher everyone hated, but could someone cite the section of the rules where the proper answer comes from...if only so I can find it in book quickly in the event that it comes up when my group's together.

I mean, I guess it's implied that if you all run away from the showdown, the Villian goes away into the unknown to repair itself as the turns go by...(or does his particular evil thing, such as the case of the horseman, who promptly tears off back to the center of the board first), but I've learned from LNOE that there's little in a Flying Frog game that's "implied." Which is why it's frustrating when you find those few moments in their rules where there are gaps.

And what's more...I assumed that if everyone ran away, that meant that you've got to get a new lair card and pay the cost to launch the attack again, but technically the rules say that when you start a showdown, your lair card is "revealed" not "played." The difference being that if a card is played it goes to the discard pile. If it's revealed, you just showed what it is, which means you still have it after revealing it.

I'm sort of playing devil's advocate on that last one. Kind of.

Thanks for the help! This is a pretty nifty game; much more so once you correctly realize (as I just did today) that you don't draw a mystery card at the end of EVERY player's turn! It's much harder that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not listed in the Rulebook, but in this thread Mary Beth confirms that you discard the Lair card & have to buy a new one to start a new Showdown:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2581354#2581354

---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. That's kind of what I was leaning toward on that issue, since it well...just makes sense. But like I said, going by how the usage of lair cards is worded in the rulebook...I figured it would be good to check.

Now as for the first part of the question regarding the Villians if everyone splits from a showdown? Anyone have any answers on that one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Escaping From/Canceling a
Showdown
The Hero may Escape from a Showdown
in the same way as Escaping from a normal
Fight. Note however, that unlike normal
Minions, the Villain only gets to Heal
its Wounds a bit at a time during each
subsequent Mystery Phase." (p. 19)

Mystery Phase has its own step for healing the Villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! This part I actually knew (that the villian heals bit by bit during subsequent mystery phases); I just wanted to know if the Villian stays on the board at that lair location if everyone flees.

Although I woke up this morning and realized that the previous answer to my post sort of answered this issue too. If you need to buy another lair card if everyone flees, then yeah...that pretty much implies that you've got to buy another to find the villian again, which means he wouldn't still be on the board hanging out at the old one. Duh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.