Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason (i.e. game balance) why you can't just add all the cards to each deck and just have a larger deck? It seems that all the lower powered cards are just yanked out of the deck effectively changing the play. I kind of like the thought of keeping the ratio as it is. I might be the only one here. Just checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've kept all my cards in, mostly because of the reason you said (and I mention in my review of Ambush on Gunshot Trail), partly because I want to see all the cards in circulation, if not in actual use (Baldwin Sisters are THE discard card for McReady, anything that needs to be paid with a card, Sisters are getting tossed, in 100+ plays, it might have seen play as a card once).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing stopping you using the cards as you wish.

The deck building laws in the rulebook are merely a guideline. The extra cards are provided to mix up your experience, increasing the replayability of the game - allowing players to swap in and out cards that they might like to have fun with.

Like you mention, a couple of the playtesters also expressed their desire just to add the cards in with the rest. I'm okay with that. As long as you get some pleasure out of them, that's what matters to me.

I've heard about sanctioned and unsanctioned competition games - for these, they will follow the guidelines, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote:
I've heard about sanctioned and unsanctioned competition games - for these, they will follow the guidelines, I believe.

If I find myself in a sanctioned game, .38 special will not be found anywhere in my deck... Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote:

If I find myself in a sanctioned game, .38 special will not be found anywhere in my deck... Thanks.

I'm very happy to say you'll have to rethink that position when the 'Fan' the gun and Trixie and Delilah - Saloon Shakes cards are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All these things are temporary. Every now and then there will be new cards that power up some cards.

So the .38 specials are now the cards you probably will remove when building your new deck but that will change for sure in the future ! whistle

More and more combos and strategies will become part of the story.
Exciting times are waiting for us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
I'm very happy to say you'll have to rethink that position when the 'Fan' the gun and Trixie and Delilah - Saloon Shakes cards are released.

Do tell Mark. Spill the beans. More details man. Any pics?

Sorry, too much of a good thing, couldn't help myself... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Yugblad wrote:

Do tell Mark. Spill the beans. More details man. Any pics?

Sorry, too much of a good thing, couldn't help myself... laugh

I go into more detail about the evolution of the game and some new cards in my designer diaries - just waiting for them to move from *pending* to reality, Bob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark Appreciate it. I look forward to the seeing the evolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.