No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how do you keep all the cards?

do you keep it all inside the Core box ? do you keep AP cards inside the AP box ? or do you throw away the little AP box? How about KD and Hobbit box? what you use them for?

do you separate the player cards, the encounter cards based on their AP ? or you lump all Player cards accodring to their sphere , thus having 4 separate deck of card? do you keep all heroes in single deck ? do you separate each encounter card based on their icon?

when you travel do you bring all cards or just cards that needed for specific scenario that you want to play in your travels? what kind of bag you use to carry them? just rubber band them together? or use some kind of card holder album type?

do you ask permission from your wife/girlfriend/partner when you buy expansion for lotr? do you hide your purchase from your spouse?

regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to get this when they relaunch their Kickstarter...

http://grumpyowlgamery.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mue makan
msg tools
ugly as hell......but this is kind of what I am searching for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Whittaker
United States
Andrews AFB
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Romans 1:16
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some awesome card boxes at a mart store- 500 card count that sleeved cards fit nicely in. I keep my two core set encounter cards and my kazadumm expansion encounter cards in one. I keep the entire mirwood cycle in another. I have the whole dwarrowdelf cycle in the last. The hobbit part one and two wll fill the fourth and I have more for the upcoming cycles. Speed is the primary goal for my storage. The more quickly i can get the game set up... the longer my wife's attention span lasts:whistle: with this system I can build all the quests really fast. I keep all the boxes in a shoulder slung bag. along with my binder of sleeved cards. I keep them in set order numerically.
This helps when Im serching online for deck ideas. cardgamedb.com is great because their decklists require the card number- so ime not searching endlessly for a particular card. My binder also holds my rules, quest sheets, and playmat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how do you differentiate between cards from different AP? after you finish playing do you sort your cards back into their respective AP ? or just lump them all together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb

I have all expansions, including the hobbit. All cards are sleeved and stored in the initial box.
I've sorted them this way:
- Each sphere individually
- My usual decks
- Each AP with its encounter cards, quest cards and printed aid bound together
- All encounter cards stored based on their icon.
- Neutral cards together

This dramatically cuts down on the setup time. After we finish a game, we sort the cards back.

I keep the tokens outside the box since they are always in that bowl, no point in taking them out. When I travel I just put them all in a zip bag, outside of the main game.

LE: Had to downsize one of the images
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my setup a couple weeks ago:

I've since purchased 2 more Black containers, they hold the Encounter cards. Basically it's 4 containers on each side, with some cards in the middle (I think I need to more black containers to make it right, but then I'll need another box. Good thing I got a second core set, eh?).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Angel
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my player deck in a deckbox. Also each sphere of influence in a separate deckbox. I keep each scenario in its adventure pack box. All the core set, print on demand, and deluxe expansion scenarios are kept in the core set box together with all the quest cards. When I decide to go out with the game I simply grab one scenario, all the deckboxes and sleeves for my friends. After I help them build a thematic and enjoyable deck we tackle the scenario together a couple of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two core sets + all expansions + some fan made ones.

My gaming buddy has the same thing so I only need to bring my player cards over so I just have them in them in 1 box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Whittaker
United States
Andrews AFB
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Whittaker
United States
Andrews AFB
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
how do you differentiate between cards from different AP? after you finish playing do you sort your cards back into their respective AP ? or just lump them all together

Are you referring to the binder? By placing them in numerical order I don't have to remember which card goes where. FF did a good job in giving each cycle its own symbol so I can quickly put cards in and out. The card pages I use are really good for sleeved cards.
I also forgot to mention the dividers for my encounter set boxes- I cut the front of the AP boxes off and glue them the dividers. I usually pre-sort the cards for the next time I play- there is enough room in the boxes for the "Ultra-Pro Deck Protectors". I keep the next quest I want to play pre-built in those.
sorry for being long winded...
airmanwhit
P.S.
My wife and I budget allowances- So I'm always guilt free
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I use.

These boxes are for sale almost anywhere. This way I can really quickly make decks and grab quests.
The box product number is: BCW-3200

I have plastified the quest deck fronts and made the dividers myself. I need to fix the tactics one though, as it says spirit now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store all of the cards in the Core set box.

I made a custom box for travel which allows me to take two decks to use, the threat trackers, tokens, heroes, and up to four scenarios to play.

One of these days I will have to upload a picture of my custom divider system. Each different set of cards has its own designated location which makes putting different scenarios together very quick and easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use an Ultra-Pro carrying case, it's amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrid Beast wrote:
What sleeves are you guys using?

I use these:

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, work perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Horrid Beast wrote:
What sleeves are you guys using?

I use these:

Bye
Thanee

how much is this per pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Whittaker
United States
Andrews AFB
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:

post a pic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
how much is this per pack

They are fairly expensive, as sleeves go. $8-10 or something like that.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Fattimiei
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:

It's the one I was about to buy, can I ask you:
How many sleeved cards you can store in? (100-200 for each per compartment?)
Is the one with foam or cardboard insert? Do cards hold their position even when you carry it?

p.s.After all a picture with cards will answer most of my questions as well

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the FFG card boxes. You will find them in most FLGS and online stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Those are the FFG card boxes. You will find them in most FLGS and online stores.

This. I have 2 more black containers now, so the box is full with containers and the middle has the current overspill. I haven't integrated The Hobbit yet, and when Numenor comes out, I'll probably start using my second core set box.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a programmer, when the wife isn't using the money, the boardgames are

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jeter
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this box unfinished at Hobby Lobby for $10(40% off). I gave it a stain and then a couple layers of clear coat.

I picked up some pine looking wooden planks for dividers at Hobby Lobby and then cut them to size.

I really like this box as I can store the cards along with the adventure instructions all in the same place. The instructions make great dividers as well. So in that first row I have the base set in the back, then the 6 expansions. Next row is Khazad Dum plus it's 6 expansions. Third row is the player cards. Not in the box are Osgiliath, Lake Town, and the Hobbit. I can fit all the cards in this box, but not them and the components, so I bought another box and created a second one(not done yet). I figured that I could put all the player decks in one box along with the components and then store all the adventures in this box. I already cut another piece of pine to add the fourth row of cards and they fit great.

They had a bigger box that would have held everything, but I wanted something that my kids could manage. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiv@n Shiv@n
France
POITIERS
flag msg tools
I find this

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...-

I would buy the 2 rows long box... Even if it was existing in larger size, like 3 or 4 rows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.