Subject: Last skill choice in Solo Conquest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When drawing the last two skills in Solo Conquest you have only 1 skill left. Do you shuffle the rest of the skills and draw another one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nowhere is writte that you shouldhuffle. So the last skilldraw gives you the choice between the only remaining of your skills or one of the dummyskills in the skilloffer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:
Nowhere is writte that you shouldhuffle. So the last skilldraw gives you the choice between the only remaining of your skills or one of the dummyskills in the skilloffer.

Well, you have the choice between your ninth, final skill or any of those in the Common Skill offer (which would include your unused skills and those of the the Dummy player).
Wrong. See below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Fluxx wrote:

Well, you have the choice between your ninth, final skill or any of those in the Common Skill offer (which would include your unused skills and those of the the Dummy player).

That isn't correct, is it? I always understood that whatever skill you don't select in solo play is removed from the game and doesn't go into the common skill offer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

Are you allowed to tkae your own skills from the common skill offer? I think the rules say something like 'reveal the top two skills and take one of these skills or take a skill of another player from the common skill offer.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't take your own skills from the common skill offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Note the expansion now provides an extra skill token for each hero for use in solo and co-op games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Note the expansion now provides an extra skill token for each hero for use in solo and co-op games.

"now" provides. Look how the nasty man taunts you with his knowledge of the upcoming expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashen von Ragend
Austria
Wien / Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

Great news, can't wait to see them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
PaulGrogan wrote:

So where are our sneak peeks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm busy doing four other weekly sneak previews for the new CGE games for Essen. This expansion will unfortunately not be for sale at Essen, so the sneak preview will be done for people attending Essen. However, after Essen, I am planning to do a series of sneak previews and a new video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Medl
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I realize that this thread is years old, but I have searched and searched for an answer to this question. And this seemed to be the closest that anyone came...

In a solo, base (not the expansion) game: at the last level when I gain a skill there is only one skill tile left. If I choose a skill from the common skill offer instead of my last skill tile, am I forced to take the lowest card from the AA offer (as was the case earlier if I drew two skill tiles and instead selected a skill from the common skill offer)? Or is this rule waived at the last level when I do not have two skill tiles to choose from -- meaning I can choose any card from the AA offer in addition to the skill from the common skill offer?

Put another way: Using the original solo rules, when the player selects his final skill from the common skill offer, must he take the last card in the AA offer or can he take any card in the AA offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, the rules don't say anything about the last skill being an exception. (Of course you can houserule if you want).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can also add in the interactive skill, but houserule it and use it as the respective cooperative skill from Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion. Naturally, you'll need to have a handy reference. Technically, you won't be house-ruling anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
Technically, you won't be house-ruling anything.
Technically, adding only some components of the expansion is a house rule
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Medl
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK. Thanks for the replies. I'm now convinced that there is no exception to the rule that when the player selects his skill from the common skill offer, then he must take the bottom card in the AA offer. This rule applies to his last skill, and even though he only had one skill tile of his own to choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.