BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: Bgg womens's recomendations and specific game questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i noticed few of you talking aboutSanta Cruz - i watched richard hams walk through and did talk alot about having to watch what the other person did and trying to keep what you are doing a secret..how big a part of the game is this and does it play well with 2 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jood, I've only played with 4 but the hidden part becomes obvious during play. It's a game on the lighter side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
I was the turkey all along!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed it at first (I've played it four or five times so far). I actually still really enjoy it, but I'm a little worried about it's staying power though.

The secret part is pretty important because you want to play cards that give you points before the other person can complete the same task. If they realize what you are trying to do, they might block you or do the same thing and then you both get points for it.

The cards was part of the staying power issue. There weren't really enough variety to keep fresh.

Most of my games have been 3 or 4 player online. If you play on BSW, you can try it out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone played the 2p le havre here yet - comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only experience with Le Havre is two player, so I can't compare, but with 2p I loved it. I thought it was lots of fun. It's actually one of my favorite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah you must mean the big le havre ? yeah its one of our fave games too and is such a good game..
i was askinga bout the new 2player one coming out..did you know about it
Le Havre: The Inland Port

from what i can glean its more a labora than le havre - going to buy it anyway i think - if its a totally new feel game so much the better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ha, ha. That makes a lot more sense. I haven't played the 2p Le Havre yet. I have been interested in it though. I haven't played Labora yet either. I've only played Le Havre and At the Gates of Loyang. Both of which I love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you would i bet love labora then kristin - another brilliant game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
ah you must mean the big le havre ? yeah its one of our fave games too and is such a good game..
i was askinga bout the new 2player one coming out..did you know about it
Le Havre: The Inland Port

from what i can glean its more a labora than le havre - going to buy it anyway i think - if its a totally new feel game so much the better

I have been meaning to thank you for taking the time to mention this. I don't have time to look at games as I used to, so I passed this tip along to my partner and was surprised to learn that he didn't know of it either. He read several things about it - sounds like something we'd like.

Speaking of 2 player games, has anyone tried Antike Duellum? It's another of RnR's latest favorites that I have not yet tried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
CSoren wrote:

Speaking of 2 player games, has anyone tried Antike Duellum? It's another of RnR's latest favorites that I have not yet tried.

I have. I'm not as into it as some of his other games. It seems like a good design although I think I'm frustrated by certain aspects of it. Maybe we just didn't know what we are doing but it seems like the game can drag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Antike does seem to drag, I finally managed to lose a game to Mr.Cranky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
lorna wrote:
Yes Antike does seem to drag, I finally managed to lose a game to Mr.Cranky...

Ha! I recently finished a game of Torres with him and Lynnette. She sorta crushed both of us, partly due to me still learning the game. Which reminds me that I haven't taken my turn online in while...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue, your avatar is back, yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
sandysidamo wrote:
Sue, your avatar is back, yay!

Dogs unite! Wonder twin powers activate!

I'm in a bit of a dorky mood. Don't mind me.

I got sick of my snarky icon and went back to the old one. We might adopt a new dog in the next few months so I'm pysched I might be back to two dogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live for dorky, epecially if dogs are involved. I haven't had a chance to say it but it was great to finally meet you AND to game with you at BGG.Con. Even better, I got to meet Felix and to learn Hansa Teutonica. Next year we gotta have a beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
sandysidamo wrote:
I live for dorky, epecially if dogs are involved. I haven't had a chance to say it but it was great to finally meet you AND to game with you at BGG.Con. Even better, I got to meet Felix and to learn Hansa Teutonica. Next year we gotta have a beer!

It was fun for sure. Great to meet you as well. I'm not sure if I will make it back because it's so hard getting enough time off. But definitely if I make it there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did you like regular antike with 2 or is it just the new 2p version you arent keen on ?
antike is one of my fave games -only played the new one once and have noticed im not half as keen as i thought i would be - need to be well and play it a good few times to decide

in antike we often didnt play to the last card if you needed 3455 different seas to win - we would stop before that - maybe thats the bit that drags ?

would love to hear more thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.