Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lindén
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find this question anywhere.

Imagine if I want to build a wonder where I boost my production up to the necessary amount using wheat or "we love the ... day". What happens if someone cancels my culture card or resource ability and I have no other means to reach the necessary amount of production?

Does my city action fail altogether (kind of like if Writing was used) or do I get the chance to do something else with that city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
No fail. You can do other city action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alandor wrote:
Couldn't find this question anywhere.

Imagine if I want to build a wonder where I boost my production up to the necessary amount using wheat or "we love the ... day". What happens if someone cancels my culture card or resource ability and I have no other means to reach the necessary amount of production?

Does my city action fail altogether (kind of like if Writing was used) or do I get the chance to do something else with that city?

Your action is for sure not lost. I would let you change your type of action based on you could play the card first ask to see if it will be cancelled and then if they don't it would be too late for them to stop you without using a spy and Writing. If they do stop you, you haven't started your city action yet, so you could gather or devote if it didn't work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lindén
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you mean I can play my card before I even announce what I'm building and have that production "in store" for when I decide to use it during that CM-phase?

EDIT: I re-read the "we love the despot day". It never occurred to me before but it's obvious that you can boost the city's production before taking the action with the affected city, just like you said. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alandor wrote:
So you mean I can play my card before I even announce what I'm building and have that production "in store" for when I decide to use it during that CM-phase?

Exactly. This is important in the context of drawing Culture cards above your hand limit. Let's say your hand limit is two, you have one card in hand, and you spend three Culture to draw an additional card. You draw a We Love the Despot Day!. At the moment, you don't need it, but you still have three Culture and the next card might dictate your move. You choose to play We Love the Despot Day! on a City and then advance on the Culture Track again.

You do not need to discard (since you now have two cards in hand again) and your City has +4 Hammers. Especially useful if you're lucky and draw ANOTHER We Love the Despot Day!. Or A Gift from Afar to activate a Wheat ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Alandor wrote:

Exactly. This is important in the context of drawing Culture cards above your hand limit. Let's say your hand limit is two, you have one card in hand, and you spend three Culture to draw an additional card. You draw a We Love the Despot Day!. At the moment, you don't need it, but you still have three Culture and the next card might dictate your move. You choose to play We Love the Despot Day! on a City and then advance on the Culture Track again.

You do not need to discard (since you now have two cards in hand again) and your City has +4 Hammers. Especially useful if you're lucky and draw ANOTHER We Love the Despot Day!. Or A Gift from Afar to activate a Wheat ability.

I'll include this in my super-faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Alandor wrote:

You can, in a given city, play a card that gives you +Hammers and wait to tell what you are building. You can do this, for example, to get space in your culture hand size to draw new culture cards that can help to decide what to do in that city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.