Subject: Start with all expansions or just base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I just received my Kickstarter package and it is jam packed with a ton of cool stuff! Would people who have played this game recommend starting out with just the base game or with everything including the expansions and bonus cards? I'm tempted to start with everything. It will be fun for me to fill the cool box with all the expansions and get the set organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You should definitely go ahead and fill the cool box with everything!

That said, for your first couple plays, I'd suggest starting with the villains and environments from the base game. Or at least ones lower on the difficulty scale that's in the base rule book. It probably won't take long for you to get the hang of it, but I know that my group finds the originals easier than the expansions. Of course, that may be because we've been fighting them for longer too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend checking out the center of the Enhanced Edition rulebook, where there's a chart which compares the difficulty and complexity of the heroes and villains from each game, and then making a low difficulty villain, low complexity heroes game for your first game.

After that, go wild! Also, for a quick and simple walk through, check out this Gameplay section on our website: http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/gameplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're not playing with everything and simply choosing which heroes, villain, and environment you will play with from game-to-game, adding in the expansion only increased your choices. Go ahead and use them all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.