Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started sorting out my copy of SOTM that I just got in the mail and realized that some of the cards for Tempest and Ra don't match up with the rest of their decks.

Also, I think there might be space for some sleeved cards. The only expansion I bought is Infernal Relics so there is some space in the box. There are 2 columns of space in the box. Areas that have empty space in one column allow some breathing room for cards in the other column.

I've managed to fit the base game and Infernal Relics and the tokens (it's a tight fit), but I'm not sure where to put the oversized villain cards. The beautiful box doesn't seem to close all the way with them in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this same problem have you tried contacting the company yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked my copy up at PAX and had this problem. They had opened a bunch of boxes and hadn't seen the problem yet (so it's rare). You should check your Tachyon deck, too, b/c it's in the same package with the other short cards (you just wouldn't think to compare to other decks so you probably didn't notice.)

Contact the company, they were great about replacing my cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
That's a pretty severe height difference.

The height of all my decks seem even, the two parts of my Tempest deck have very slightly different widths. It's enough to notice by feel, or by looking at the side of the deck stacked nicely together. Not enough of a concern that I expect to seek replacements. (And my other decks look fine.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has this issue, e-mail me (christopher [at] sentinelsofthemultiverse.com) and I will mail you replacement cards. As mentioned, we just found out about this issue, and it's certainly less than 5% of the print run, but it is still extremely frustrating.

I will be responding to e-mails about damages and mis-cut cards and sending out replacements this coming week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyn Fox
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
This user will support the website in the future.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the base game cards are ever so slightly taller than cards from either expansion. And the promo cards, including the entire Unity deck, are shorter than everything else. It's not a problem for me though because the different sizes don't seem to affect anything that gets shuffled together.

(note: I got all of it from the kickstarter)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
Glad I saw this thread as I just received my order and had this problem. As much as I love gaming with cards, there's nothing worse than having different sizes for the cards or the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crunk_posby wrote:
I picked my copy up at PAX and had this problem. They had opened a bunch of boxes and hadn't seen the problem yet (so it's rare). You should check your Tachyon deck, too, b/c it's in the same package with the other short cards (you just wouldn't think to compare to other decks so you probably didn't notice.)

I had this problem as well, and I agree that they were great about replacements for Tachyon, Ra and Tempest.

I was hoping they could fix the problem the other way around, by replacing all the too-tall decks, but it turns out the problem is actually the other way around. A small percentage of the Tachyon/Ra/Tempest packs ended up the correct (smaller) size, and the rest of the Enhanced Edition print run was printed too large. My Rook City, Infernal Relics, Unity and Ambuscade decks all fit in KMC perfect fit sleeves, but the Enhanced Edition decks do not. This is probably also the reason for the box sizing issues people are seeing. If the printer had gotten the Enhanced Edition cards the correct size, they'd fit the box better.

But I understand that that they can't force the printer to replace an entire print run, so I appreciate that they're at least fixing what they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
crunk_posby wrote:

I had this problem as well, and I agree that they were great about replacements for Tachyon, Ra and Tempest.

I was hoping they could fix the problem the other way around, by replacing all the too-tall decks, but it turns out the problem is actually the other way around. A small percentage of the Tachyon/Ra/Tempest packs ended up the correct (smaller) size, and the rest of the Enhanced Edition print run was printed too large. My Rook City, Infernal Relics, Unity and Ambuscade decks all fit in KMC perfect fit sleeves, but the Enhanced Edition decks do not. This is probably also the reason for the box sizing issues people are seeing. If the printer had gotten the Enhanced Edition cards the correct size, they'd fit the box better.

But I understand that that they can't force the printer to replace an entire print run, so I appreciate that they're at least fixing what they can.

Wow, I didn't realize that was the case! But now it makes sense - it's an extremely tight fit (without sleeves) for my cards to fit in the enhanced edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chirs Robbins
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
So, if you get any of the expansions or the promo characters, the cards are all going to be smaller then the cards in the enhanced edition? that seems kinda... not good =\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
boardgamerevolution wrote:
So, if you get any of the expansions or the promo characters, the cards are all going to be smaller then the cards in the enhanced edition? that seems kinda... not good =\

It might be a little annoying for sleeving if you have tight-fitting sleeves... but you're never combining the cards from separate decks. So you'll never be shuffling together a deck with mismatched cards. No, it's not good. But it's not terrible either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mueller
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially not good if you bought 1200 sleeves to fit everything, and most of it won't fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delios shadowsoul
msg tools
mbmb
Is this something that is going to be changed in future prints of the game? I mean the smaller card size so everything fits correctly in the box, and actually matches the size of the other sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, their stated card height is 89mm, so I'm sure that they will try to make all future printings at that size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.