tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt, where did you get the template? I've got a bunch of ideas for integrating the heroes from the D&D adventure games into Dungeon Command.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I just made it as I was going. Saved it as a PSD so kinda got my own template now.

I used fonts that already exist in photoshop, so not a perfect match but works good enough.

Send me your email in a PM and I maybe can attach it back to you as a PSD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
let me know if you got the template or not. Use the second one I sent you. The first does not have layers for special abilities or the ability to turn off the melee/ranged icons.

It says it was sent, but can't confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry my mailbox was almost full but I've cleared it now. Please resend. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Any problems with the template?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, basically I can't use PSD files. blush

If you could send to me as blank PNGs, that would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I dont know how to do that. How do you have a layer be blank and still exist? I'm self taught with Photoshop, 3dmax and After effects, and Photoshop is my worst one.

Did you follow my instructions? Its REALLY east to change that document.

Tell me exactly what you can't do? I will explain it in more detail.

Down the left side of PS(photoshop) there are several tools to click on, including one that looks like a cpital T. Select this tool. This is the text tool, and allows you to create text layers by clicking and typing.

On the right side, down at the bottom, it shows all the layers of the document, and allows you to see which ones are on top of which ones. You can click and drag these layers to new positions in the column. Select the layer you want to change so that it is highlighted.

Use the text tool to highlight the text of the chosen layer. This means you must right click and drag through the type you want to change. If you do not have the tool close enough to the correct type, it will create a new text layer instead. You will see this layer highlighted in the layer display(it is now the chosen layer) and it will be called "new layer". Right click on this layer and select delete layer. Then go back and get the text tool exactly on the text you want to change and try again with right click drag. Remember to re-select the layer for the type you are changing.

After the type is highlighted, just type what you want it to say and it will change.

If you ever want to adjust a layers position in the document, after selecting the layer in the layer display, hold down control and left click drag, and the layer will move with your mouse. This is helpful to line things up after you make a line longer etc.

To add a picture, simply import pic into PS, then drag and drop onto the document. Then use control left click drag to position it where you want. To place it under the right layer, so it becomes part of the card correctly, just click on the layer for the pic(it creates this layer when you drag and drop) and left click drag down through the(or up) layers until it is in the right place.

Right click on the pic and choose free transform to change the size of a pic. Hold down shift and use one of the corners of the pic in order to keep it at the right scale. Hit enter when you done to leave transform mode.

To change the color of any text(for adding attributes) while the text is selected, just choose a new color from the pallet on the right side. You can highlight only part of a line and change the color of only the highlighted text. So if you make the line say: STR DEX INT, then just highlight the INT part and select blue and only the INT will change to blue, for example.

Each layer in the layer display, has a small eyeball on it. Clicking this eyball turns the layer on and off.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your instructions look super clear. Unfortunately I do not have the photoshop software. I was just guessing that photoshop would be able to "Save As" or "Export" to PNG which would retain the transparency of the area showing the picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Oh, I'm sorry....

I did not know anything but PSD would keep the layers.

I saved one as PNG and it does not seem to have layers so Im not sure how you would be able to use it.

What program are you using?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe we should start a new thread, where you tell me what you want them to say, then I post the card for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
I saved one as PNG and it does not seem to have layers so Im not sure how you would be able to use it.

What program are you using?

Powerpoint and Paint, which is how I do all my D&D adventure stuff.

If you send me that PNG, I think I can use it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now I understand what you need. I made one with all text removed. You could probably cut and paste the icons etc.

Can't wait to see your guys.

Now I'm going to go back to playing Zombies 4 Days! I bought Timber Peak so I have lots of new boards to break in lol...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maier
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rob if you could e-mail me that Template I too am VERY interested in hammering out some additional 'Monsters' for this game. THANKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Pathfinder's Valeros, Merisiel and Ezren.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Try using a free piece of software called GIMP (stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program) to open PSD files. Also try Inkscape, also free, for vectored drawing. Between the two you can create pretty much any digital imagery you want. All for Free
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.