United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've opened up orders on the short run version of Equinox, an abstract tile game many of you have seen us playtesting at BGGCon and Origins/GenCon this year.

Rules are in the file queue currently.

The PDF is also available on our website here, where you can order one of the 100 copies we made POD style: http://asmadigames.com/detail_equinox.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered equinox, flowerfall, and bedlamb from your sight. Exited and wondering if flowerfall is a preorder or in stock. Also wondering if a shipping e-mail will be sent. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
In stock, and yes, you'll get a shipping email on Monday when we ship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the promp reply! looking forward to adding them to your other fundiferous gameslaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Melinsky
United States
Fairview Park
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bobcat Power MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent two player game! I see that it's a short print run, but I hope it continues onward after that. This is one of the most unique two player games I've played. I keep thinking "Magic the Hex Tile Game" because of all of the interesting options and combinations.

We ran out of scoring beads twice when we played, so I think that 5 or 6 more added would be helpful! Other than that, this game could make for some cool expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
mithras wrote:
Excellent two player game! I see that it's a short print run, but I hope it continues onward after that. This is one of the most unique two player games I've played. I keep thinking "Magic the Hex Tile Game" because of all of the interesting options and combinations.

We ran out of scoring beads twice when we played, so I think that 5 or 6 more added would be helpful! Other than that, this game could make for some cool expansions.

Yes, we're working on improving + adding to the game based on feedback from folks who tried out the short-run. I agree that it's really cool and unique, and I'm glad the capacity exists nowadays to do something like this! A 100 copy run of a hex tile game simply was not possible 5 years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Melinsky
United States
Fairview Park
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bobcat Power MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Yes, we're working on improving + adding to the game based on feedback from folks who tried out the short-run. I agree that it's really cool and unique, and I'm glad the capacity exists nowadays to do something like this! A 100 copy run of a hex tile game simply was not possible 5 years ago.

What I love about the game is that it's really hard to predict until the last tile is place exactly how this game will score. There is no clear or runaway leader as there are so many ways to change up the board.

Two minor requests I have:

1. Make the Stone Tile really stand out from the rest.
2. Add a few more tiles to the game so that it's possible to remove X tiles at random from the start for game play variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
There will indeed be more tiles by the time we're done.

Stone was supposed to be notably different from white or black. The printer's color matching wasn't up to the task, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Melinsky
United States
Fairview Park
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bobcat Power MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of the set is excellent for a such a small run.

I've played 6 games so far. The last game scored 29 to 26. The game before scored 31 to 30. I introduced a new player to it, and they loved it because of the cool combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, can you tell us what is changing for the next print run? I have it in my cart right now (to take advantage of the March sale) but would gladly wait if there is a significant upgrade.

Thanks, this looks really cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, part of my question was answered as I decided to buy it anyway only to find out it is out of stock. Drat! That was my justification to buy Flowerfall and Sixis as well. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeyept wrote:
Well, part of my question was answered as I decided to buy it anyway only to find out it is out of stock. Drat! That was my justification to buy Flowerfall and Sixis as well.

Sorry about that!

We will be updating the rules a bit, adding some more tiles, and finding a real factory printing option. Probably, a short Kickstarter campaign will be involved to help fund this -- while abstracts are very cool, there isn't a giant market for them. This is more of a side project because it's an awesome game, not because it'll be a huge money maker for Asmadi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Melinsky
United States
Fairview Park
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bobcat Power MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an advantage to the short Kickstarter? I've seen enough projects end before word has really spread out about them.

I've just showed this game to two new people, and they loved it. It doesn't get much better than watching people finish the game heavily thinking and excitedly talking about exactly what could have done differently. And all of the "hey, this would be a cool combination" thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.