Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, the title says it all.

I am adding quite a few new games and the vast majority are just a tuck box with cards.

I'm tired of entering 9x7x3 centimeters manually and it also seems as a box size standard enough to warrant a pre-definition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A standard deck size for which company?
The single deck tuck boxes in my shelf are all 9x6 cm, with a thickness of either 1.5, 2.0, or 2.5cm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
A standard deck size for which company?

Of any company. Single deck tuckboxes are 9x6 or 9x6,5. Various thicknesses.

What's interesting is if it's a single deck tuckbox or not. This might seem like heresy to OCD:ers, but whether it's 2cm or 4cm thick isn't really the issue. What you wonder is if the deck is a single-deck, rouble or quadruple sized box.

For OCD:ers, I advice you to not trust that the dimensions I offer are better than 1cm margin, larger if the box is larger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
whether it's 2cm or 4cm thick isn't really the issue. What you wonder is if the deck is a single-deck, rouble or quadruple sized box.

Where by "you" you mean "I", right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Zimeon wrote:
whether it's 2cm or 4cm thick isn't really the issue. What you wonder is if the deck is a single-deck, rouble or quadruple sized box.

Where by "you" you mean "I", right?

Uh… yeah. Precisely.

But seriously, if you back a bit, unless you are someone who wonders how many copies of the game will fit in a suitcase, what you (not meaning "I") want is an approximate measure. Is is large, or small? Typically, for card games, is it a single tuckbox or a double? Many game shops divide games according to box size, what should I look for?

Not that I can't imagine any situation in which the exact measures aren't important, but generally, it's not important down to the centimeter. Truthfully, it's much more important (at least for me) if it is a tuckbox with a flap, or if it is a miniature card box with a lid.

I can continue entering 9cmx7cmx3cm manually instead of clicking "single deck tuckbox", but trust me, that measure isn't reliable. Many are 6.5cm wide, Some are 2.5cm thick, some 3.5cm. It would be actually a lot better if "single deck tuckbox" meant just that, an approx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.