Subject: Acquiring a Goat Tile You Can't Pay For rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in the situation where a player with some goats saved up bids for a goat building tile, wins it and then realises he cannot pay for it (not enough stone/wood/luxury goods and no money to mortgage the tile with)? Does the tile still count as "acquired" for the purposes of converting his other goats, or is it discarded immediately and no goat conversion can take place? The Goat Expansion rules talk about acquiring a tile but I couldn't find a reference to that precise term in the base game rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
What happens in the situation where a player with some goats saved up bids for a goat building tile, wins it and then realises he cannot pay for it (not enough stone/wood/luxury goods and no money to mortgage the tile with)? Does the tile still count as "acquired" for the purposes of converting his other goats, or is it discarded immediately and no goat conversion can take place? The Goat Expansion rules talk about acquiring a tile but I couldn't find a reference to that precise term in the base game rules.

Seems to me the base rule would apply, if you don't have a coin to mortgage a tile, it's discarded back to the box, and no benefit is gained.

You only get a benefit once a tile has been placed into your personal area legally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Yes, Steve did it right. You don't get anything, if you cannot hold the tile.

Greetings
Bernd

www.irongames.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.