Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to buy two core packs as suggested in numerous forum posts, but my question is if I'm the only one providing the cards for my playgroup ( two others) will I ever have to buy duplicate of any of the add-on packs? I'd like to have all six of the house decks be on equal footing and once we get tired of all those maybe make some non-house decks, but I'm worried about the whole only 3 of in each pack and the plot cards.

Viable for me to provide balance decks for everyone with me just getting one of's of each add-on?

Any idea what it would cost to just buy everything all in one go? Probably not wise since we wouldn't begin to get bored of everything we just have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
except for the first cycle of packs sure. (the first cycle haven't been reprinted in the 3x format)

Not counting that first cycle it will run you about $650 to buy one of everything else at online discount prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they were reprinting those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I missed it they haven't made any announcement. Without the announcement there is no way to be sure if/when it will actually happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1st packs are being reprinted in 3x format... its in FFGS prod que..
I was following GoT untill i heard Netrunner, I can only do one competitive LCG so i chose netrunner..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a link? I just looked through their Upcoming page and their announcements for GOT LCG and I don't see anything about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like some information as well to make sure.

What is the cheapest place to buy the expansions and chapters?

So will I have enough of the non-faction and plot cards to make balanced decks between all factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
1st packs are being reprinted in 3x format... its in FFGS prod que..
I was following GoT untill i heard Netrunner, I can only do one competitive LCG so i chose netrunner..

The first chapter pack cycle is not currently being printed in the 3x format, nor have their been any announcements of such. You may be confusing the A Clash of Arms cycle with the Time of Ravens cycle (the second cycle), which did recently go through a 3x format reprint and is currently available.

jcourtney wrote:
I'd like some information as well to make sure.

What is the cheapest place to buy the expansions and chapters?

So will I have enough of the non-faction and plot cards to make balanced decks between all factions?

I typically go through CoolStuffInc.com ($9.99/chapter pack) when buying several packs at once, otherwise I grab them from a FLGS. I have only one core set and have never bought more than one of any expansion or chapter pack, and I normally field six decks at a time (one for each House) since I manage most of the decks for friends and family that play. With 3x of each neutral and plot card in the chapter packs (all except the first cycle), I have not yet had a card that I wished I had more than 3 copies of. I can't say the same for the core set, as I wish I had multiple copies of Valar Morghulis/Wildfire Assault all the time. If you want a quick glance at card distribution throughout the core set and first chapter pack cycle, I have a GeekList here that details the card lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's kind of crappy that they aren't reprinting those first chapter packs. So we'd have to buy three packs of each to have a full set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it doesn't mean they'll never reprint them in the 3x format, it just means that currently they have not announced that they will. They normally only reprint when the originals have pretty much sold out everywhere. But, yes, youd have to get 3 each of the original cycle to have a playset of every card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Baxter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonWraith wrote:

I can't say the same for the core set, as I wish I had multiple copies of Valar Morghulis/Wildfire Assault all the time.

Might as well just proxy them if you are just playing with friends and family. I like the LCG format, but not having access to singles is definitely the biggest disadvantage of the format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Jorner
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
Damon Stone, lead designer of A Game of Thrones, was interviewed by teamcovenant during Gencon. He then said that ”Eventually, Clash of Arms will be reprinted. Eventually.” You can see the interview here:

http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2012/08/18/gencon-2012-agots-da...

It's about 8.45 into the interview.

While that's not a formal announcement, it's a clear indication that the reprint will happen at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Got a link? I just looked through their Upcoming page and their announcements for GOT LCG and I don't see anything about it

They haven't announced it. Damon Stone has mentioned in that interview the Team Covenant guys did with him at GenCon that it would be reprinted eventually. That was just a casual remark though, not any kind of official announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an easy way to print out a legible proxy? How often are decks going to want to use the same neutral cards? I'm probably just going to be building decks for my friend and I. So we'd only be playing one house at a time or just two decks at a time.

I'm horrible at deck building and I'd probably just copy off some top level deck list somewhere.

Any place where all the past tournament deck lists from the last couple of years are listed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
Is there an easy way to print out a legible proxy?

The easiest way is to just scan it in yourself and print it out.

jcourtney wrote:
How often are decks going to want to use the same neutral cards? I'm probably just going to be building decks for my friend and I. So we'd only be playing one house at a time or just two decks at a time.

Other than plots and a few events/locations most decks won't have a problem with wanting the same cards

jcourtney wrote:
I'm horrible at deck building and I'd probably just copy off some top level deck list somewhere.

Any place where all the past tournament deck lists from the last couple of years are listed?

There are a wide variety of decks at CardGameDB. Some Good, some not so good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with scanning them myself, but any tricks on getting them printed out to just the correct size to fit in a sleeve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally when I do it I just drag the images into word and resize them to 3.5" high by 2.5" wide and print like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That quote from Damon seemed to be more a case of him making a point about a card that had been banned and was extrapolating their statement that older packs sold out would be reprinted... I would not extrapolate that interview as anything other than commenting on established policy, not any new information regarding the timing of a future reprint.

What is in the Clash of Arms cycle can be replaced with little effect unless you are intending on making a card or mechanic introduced there as a key component. When/If they reprint it (it is entirely possible that it never really sells out in which case they may not reprint it) you can pick it up then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.