Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For instances when you have credits available from sources that specify they be used during a run, like credits from bad publicity or Stimhack, can these credits be spent to trash cards or avoid traces?

Trashing accessed cards seems likely, as accessing cards is still part of the "Make a run" action; but since the run is considered successful before accessing cards, I can see the rationale behind an argument that trashing cards is not a legal expenditure for such earmarked funds.

I haven't seen a compelling case for excluding the avoidance of trace attempts from "run earmarked" credits, but my friend seemed taken aback by the notion of doing so, so I figured I'd include it in this post for completeness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
yes they can be used to trash cards. if you check the timing chart on page 33 of the rule book, accessing cards is step 4.3 on the chart. the end of the run is step 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything you do while in the action of that Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a trace happens during a run (which is pretty much all the time), you can use credits which specify that they may be used during a run. (I know you agree, but your friend really doesn't have a leg to stand on.)

And as Mike said, yes to trashing, for the reason he mentions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
manydills wrote:
If a trace happens during a run (which is pretty much all the time), you can use credits which specify that they may be used during a run. (I know you agree, but your friend really doesn't have a leg to stand on.)

I'm assuming you mean you can use those credits to remove the tag. this is not the case. the manual also explicitly states you may not perform an action during another action. making a run is an action. removing a tag is an action. you may not remove the tag until you have fully resolved the run. you lose the credits when the run is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sparticuse wrote:
manydills wrote:

I'm assuming you mean you can use those credits to remove the tag. this is not the case. the manual also explicitly states you may not perform an action during another action. making a run is an action. removing a tag is an action. you may not remove the tag until you have fully resolved the run. you lose the credits when the run is resolved.

I don't think he is talking about removing tags. I think he is talking about using the credits in the open bid contest to see if they tag is given in the first place. Makes more sense since the tags are often given as a result of ICE encountered during the run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
oh my bad. yeah, that would be totally allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Stimhack is one of the reasons Anarch does not need that much money. With some planning you should be able to trash even a SanSan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.