Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played earlier tonight for the third time. I've played in the past and enjoyed it, but tonight almost completely ruined the game for me. We were in the third construction phase, and when my ship only had two empty spaces left, I realized that I hadn't put any batteries in. I couldn't see any, so I asked if anyone else saw any. Player to my left started looking and could only find one, and it had too many connectors so I couldn't make it fit. I was frustrated at myself, but I realized the error of my ways, and decided to see how far I could make it.

So we start playing and, after the first card is flipped, I see three or four battery tiles (Two of which, I could have used) sitting in the middle of the table. I ask where they came from, and the person to my right had set them to the side of their board in case they could use them. Is that legal? As far as I was aware, if you reject a tile, it has to go back to the middle of the table. I can at least understand sticking it in front of your board, where it is clearly visible to other players, but this seems to break the game. I mean, what's stopping someone from grabbing all the nice tiles they find and sticking them where most people aren't going to be looking for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no that is not legal, rejected tiles must go back into the pile face up for all to see. you can only have two tiles in your discard area and these must stay there or be used on your ship.

so placing tiles to the side of your board so others don't notice is real bad form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured, but wanted to make sure I was angry for the right reason (If it was legal, I would have been angry that no one pointed it out).

I don't get emotionally invested in games (I play them to have fun, not JUST to win), but I do get angry if I lose a game because of shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to the above, it is legal to hold up to two tiles in reserve for your use. They are placed face up on your board in the "destroyed tiles" area, and if you do not end up using them they count as destroyed tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Dragonnyxx stated it is ok to save two pieces, but you have to either use them or they stay in your lost component pile (as Corporation incorporated charges you for dragging out pieces over the hangar floor). I get the feeling that the player that had those battery component was aware of the fact that you can save two tiles, but not that you can't return them after finishing building. So it seems you didn't get the full explanaions of the rules. The rule in question is as follows:

Quote:
While building, you can have up to two
components set aside. These go in the
upper right corner of your ship board
(i.e., your discard pile). No one can take
these from you, but you cannot return them to the
Warehouse. The only thing you can do with them is add them
to your ship. When you add one of them, you have room to set
a new component aside, but you can never have more than
two set aside at one time. If you set aside a component and
then fail to add it to your ship, you leave it in your discard pile.
It counts against you at the end of your trip as a component
lost along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
I'M TRAPPED IN AN OVERTEXT FACTORY SEND HELP
mbmbmbmbmb
figarojones wrote:
what's stopping someone from grabbing all the nice tiles they find and sticking them where most people aren't going to be looking for them?

The fact that Galaxy Trucker players are a bunch of magpies that'll look at your hand and snatch good tiles the moment you stop touching them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.