Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few comments on the German edition cover: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/147249/item/2311360#item23...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are also some comments: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1384650/eminent-domain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's just so wrong.
If I saw this on a shelf I would walk right past, no way would this be coming home with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeGAGAsus is doing this all the time with good covers. I HATE their silly frame and logo around the games. Have a look at what their "designers" have done to Smash Up:

Out of the cool cover

they made this "piece of art"

Just have a look at the wonderful womit-coloured frame...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the frame is a very functional reminder: If you spot this horrible frame you instantly know it's a Pegasus game and will be available for a quarter of its retail price on sale next year ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
For me the frame is a very functional reminder: If you spot this horrible frame you instantly know it's a Pegasus game and will be available for a quarter of its retail price on sale next year

LOL, it is also a guarantee, that the game will be published about a year after the initially announced publishing date - very functional frame indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
PeGAGAsus is doing this all the time with good covers. I HATE their silly frame and logo around the games. Have a look at what their "designers" have done to Smash Up:

Out of the cool cover

they made this "piece of art"

Just have a look at the wonderful womit-coloured frame...

If you show both covers, you should show them with the same scale. The German box is much smaller than the US box. The US artwork would have been that small, that you wouldn't have been able to identify what you are looking at ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
For me the frame is a very functional reminder: If you spot this horrible frame you instantly know it's a Pegasus game and will be available for a quarter of its retail price on sale next year

This is not true. It seems you are mixing up Pegasus and Heidelberger. It happens very rarely that Pegasus is selling off their games at a discount price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
If you show both covers, you should show them with the same scale. The German box is much smaller than the US box. The US artwork would have been that small, that you wouldn't have been able to identify what you are looking at ...

There's no problem with the different artwork here, this one also looks good (although you could think this is a Mars-Attacks game, because the alien is too emphasized) What's wrong here is the frame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The frame is CI of Pegasus. The same way as a blue triangle is CI of Ravensburger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
The frame is CI of Pegasus. The same way as a blue triangle is CI of Ravensburger.

It MAY be their CI (I wonder what colour of frames they use in official letters), but it is still an ugly one.

Also, now that I have bought the game: What annoys me even more is how Pegasus handles box sizes. If sou sleeve the cards (which quite a few people do) than there is NO chance to fit them into the game. Also, with the expecatble expansion AEG has done a good job with offering space for it.

To me this box is just aa bad as the nightfall boxes were - the card dividers DID NOT fit into the boxes....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, so you would prefer to pay 10-15 Euros more just for more space inside of the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
Michael, so you would prefer to pay 10-15 Euros more just for more space inside of the box?

Nonsense, you are not telling me that putting the gsme into a larger box would have cost 10 - 15 euros more...., especially not, when a company already HAS larger boxes in their portfolio And yes, I would have pay a few euros more to get a proper sized box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not nonsense, please keep being polite.

If Smash Up would have been produced in the same box as Nightfall, the price would have been at least 24,95, perhaps more. This is a fact, not nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
This is not nonsense, please keep being polite.

If Smash Up would have been produced in the same box as Nightfall, the price would have been at least 24,95, perhaps more. This is a fact, not nonsense.

Sorry, if you were upset by the term "nonsense", I personally do not consider it impolite.

As person affiliated to Pegasus you may have more insight into this matter, but you are still not telling me that a larger box would have cost 10-15 Euros more in terms of production cost.

It may be the case that Pegasus runs a policy stating that games in a Nightfall size box are marketed at a retail minimum price of 24.95. If this is so I can understand the decision to opt for the small box, because people won't like the idea to pay 25 Euros for just 176 cards. But then again this would be a pricing policy which I can _understand_, but I still do not like the idea behind it.

Anyways, I am more than happy that Pegasus produces German editions of those good games out there and am happy to see that Pegasus thrives to bring an increasing number of games to the German-speaking customers. The box size and design problem is a minor thing really, just make sure that the next expansion comes in a large box ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
cuazzel wrote:
For me the frame is a very functional reminder: If you spot this horrible frame you instantly know it's a Pegasus game and will be available for a quarter of its retail price on sale next year ;)

This is not true. It seems you are mixing up Pegasus and Heidelberger. It happens very rarely that Pegasus is selling off their games at a discount price.

I never claimed that Pegasus is selling their games at a discount price. I wrote that Pegasus games are usually available at a discount price and this is very true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:

As person affiliated to Pegasus you may have more insight into this matter, but you are still not telling me that a larger box would have cost 10-15 Euros more in terms of production cost.

Not the production cost, but the suggested retail price, which is a very big difference. If a production price raises by 1 Euro, then the suggested retail price raises by about 4 Euro. This has nothing to do with Pegasus pricing policy, but is true for almost all German board game publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.