Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The winner of the previous round can choose to set up from left to right or vice versa. Admittedly, I haven't played several games (maybe 10 so far), but I really don't see why I should choose one side over the other...

The first few 4-5 moves of our games are almost random, so I am far from developing a nose for how to setup my pieces to get a superior starting position than my opponent.

Can anyone tell me what hints or situations to look for in choosing the right side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakko Traco
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In some situations when setting up from one of the sides you might end up into an end-game situation.

If you can look into this yucata match, you can see such in the second round of Wakko

http://www.yucata.de/en/Game/Kamisado/2665479
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean that it was a forced victory in this specific round? I watched the whole match and couldn't see exactly how setting from one side gave you a deterministic win. Maybe i'm just not good enough or I don't plan ahead long enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My main goal with the set-up choice is avoiding, to the extent possible, having a piece located on a square where its own color is located on the square directly above it. For instance, by having the purple piece located in the bottom left corner (A1 in Chess), your opponent would easily be able to force you to play brown, by landing on A2.

The corners are the worst case scenarios, but the game is largely about limiting your opponent's choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakko Traco
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my match, been the match 2-1 for Charlie, I (Wakko) start moving orange to the other corner just in front of Charlie's orange. Since the piece Charlie is going to move is red, and he can not move to orange in order to take advantage of me being blocked with my orange piece, I only have to wait to my next turn to move to an orange tile, so his orange piece has no choice but move to an orange tile, allowing me to score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Wakko wrote:
In my match, been the match 2-1 for Charlie, I (Wakko) start moving orange to the other corner just in front of Charlie's orange. Since the piece Charlie is going to move is red, and he can not move to orange in order to take advantage of me being blocked with my orange piece, I only have to wait to my next turn to move to an orange tile, so his orange piece has no choice but move to an orange tile, allowing me to score.

Got that! Excellent! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for devil

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.