Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone does "insert user" and inserts your avatar into a post, you'd get notified in subscriptions. Kind of like how you can tag someone in a FB post. That way you know why your ears are burning

Apologies if this has been already suggested, I didn't see it. (Add to suggestions: an easily searchable database of BGG suggestions and BGG bugs devil)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good idea. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
+10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
badge
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
If someone does "insert user" and inserts your avatar into a post, you'd get notified in subscriptions. Kind of like how you can tag someone in a FB post. That way you know why your ears are burning

[q="JohnnyDollar"]Apologies if this has been already suggested, I didn't see it.

Automatic notification of user being used in a post:
17/14 05-01-12 Notification of users talking about you (by Blott)
16/07 05-01-12 Automatic subscription to your own avatar (by UnknownParkerBrother)

JohnnyDollar wrote:
(Add to suggestions: an easily searchable database of BGG suggestions

Ahem cof cof
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that Geeklist. I put it in my quickbar.

From what I can tell, it's a popular suggestion over the last 3 years, but no "status" as of yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that Geeklist. I put it in my quickbar.

From what I can tell, it's a popular suggestion over the last 3 years, but no "status" as of yet...

Because it would make it harder for us to feel superior to other gamers by talking about them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Notify if someone has inserted you into a post-pardon regression
While 'moi' would urgently "Like" to 'impose' a 'post' inserted into some of YOU-ALLs, especially them's whose cranium "were" located where such ought to "B"-longing with just THUS! To assist with "prodding that loose", of course! These of whom have 'moi' *plonq'd* should undergo any: "TWO TIMES!"
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does subscribing to yourself work for this purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:

I don't think it would work, because "users" appearing in a post are not part of the current subscription system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
yaverot wrote:

I don't think it would work, because "users" appearing in a post are not part of the current subscription system.

Too bad, I figured it was like an image, if it is in a post then it triggers a tracking subscription.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

Apologies if this has been already suggested, I didn't see it. (Add to suggestions: an easily searchable database of BGG suggestions and BGG bugs devil)

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

Nice, +1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
yaverot wrote:

Too bad, I figured it was like an image, if it is in a post then it triggers a tracking subscription.

Really? I had no idea images do that! Well I'll give it a try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, didn't work. Didn't even got a notification that I had posted a reply. I think subscribing to yourself does diddly-squat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, I'll play. did you get notified?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thread subscription but not user subscription
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one wondering how anyone could fail to notice someone inserting you into a post - or worse, inserting a post into you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
Am I the only one wondering how anyone could fail to notice someone inserting you into a post - or worse, inserting a post into you?

No, I think Grognads was alluding to that too, although you have to be able to read Grognadese to figure that out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Ed_the_Red wrote:

No, I think Grognads was alluding to that too, although you have to be able to read Grognadese to figure that out

Or you could just smile and nod and back away. It's really the best course of action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.