8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Santa Clara Tournament Sept 22 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
Quick report of the tournament at Game Kastle Santa Clara on Sept 22. There were about 12 people total. I showed up 10 minutes late and had to take a by for my first of 4 rounds of swiss. Thanks to those that organized. It was a lot of fun!

First Round: By

Second Round:
I start off as corp playing Jinteki. My opponent is playing Shaper with some heavy Criminal OOF. He spends a lot of clicks setting up his rig with Special Order and getting rich with Bank Job and Aesop's Pawnshop. Two Rabbit Holes also help feed the pawnshop. He thins out his deck quickly. However, I quickly set up a remote server with some heavy ice and score two Nisei MK II. He uses a Sneakdoor Beta to get around my iced HQ and takes some runs at my hand. No luck. I play my last agenda and score it easily using Nisei to end his attempts to run at it.

Game 2 I play as Shapers against his Weyland deck with Snares/Junebugs from Jinteki. I score a lucky 1 point agenda off his R&D. Early on I run into a Junebug advanced twice that sets me back big time. He then sets up some iced assets that I try to get at. Weyland advance walls make it tough for me to get at his HQ and R&D. Eventually I get tagged and double Scorched Earthed in one turn. I start to realize why I see so many Criminal decks running Crash Space now.

Third Round:
I play against a HB heavy ice deck. He starts off with a Tollbooth on his HQ that I activate first turn. It pretty much stops me cold. Eventually he puts another Tollbooth on R&D making things extra difficult. He pulls off an Accelerated Beta Test. It does not look good for me. Surprisingly he drops all three cards into Archives. Next turn I run at archives and score ABT and Priority Requisition. I start to build up my rig and amass wealth with Pawnshop and triple Rabbit Hole. He builds up a huge RS with another Toll Booth and drops an advanced card. I play Infiltration to make sure it is an agenda. Stimhack gives me the extra creds to make sure I get through and win.

Game 2 I play against his Criminal deck. He starts off with Desperado first turn and remains fairly wealthy throughout the rest of the game making runs at my HQ. Sneakdoor Beta makes things even more difficult. I Precog and see two more Priority Reqs in addition to the one I am holding in my HQ. Not enough variety of Ice to keep things under control. I proceed to lose the game.

Fourth Round:
Another Weyland scorched earth deck. He seems to draw into a lot of agendas. Early on I run at both his Adonis Campaign's and trash them. This turns out to be a super long game as he fortifies his HQ and R&D with a ridiculous amount of Ice. I just focus on setting up my rig and amassing wealth. A few Maker's Eye runs at his R&D nets me 5 points over time but leaves me broke each time. He continues to focus on advancing his Hadrian's Walls. I know he is holding a handful of Agendas but I can't afford to get to it without risking the entire game so we both wait. He eventually had to drop two Scorched Earths into Archives. Sooner or later he will have to start dropping agendas into Archives or into a remote server. He finally sets up a remote server with some heavy ice protection and drops in an agenda. At this point I have more than enough bits with Magnum Opus. I get through and steal the agenda to win the game.

Last game we have some fun playing a casual game as the tournament is pretty much done at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the tournament report! Could you please post your deck lists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agha Ahsan
United States
Los Altos Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack... You really should have ran his hand more often. I saw it, and it was all just Agendas, which he had no way of protecting since he didnt find any ICE. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
Darney wrote:
Jack... You really should have ran his hand more often. I saw it, and it was all just Agendas, which he had no way of protecting since he didnt find any ICE. Ah well.

This is definitely true but I believe my opponent rezzed an Archer which I had no way of getting through since I was running Mimic + Personal Touch over Ninja. The Archer ended up taking out my Gordian Blade and Battering Ram. The latter was saved with a Sacrificial Construct. I held another Gordian Blade in my hand luckily. At that point my only chance of successfully running on his HQ was getting to my Crypsis.

I decided to play it safe and wait it out instead. There was lots of disgruntled moaning from my opponent during the discard phase. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
IirionClaus wrote:
Thank you for the tournament report! Could you please post your deck lists?

Shaper decklist:

Event (20)
Diesel (Core) x3
Infiltration (Core) x3
Modded (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Stimhack (Core) x2
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
The Maker's Eye (Core) x3

Hardware (9)
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x2
Desperado (Core) x1
Rabbit Hole (Core) x3
The Personal Touch (Core) x3

Program (9)
Battering Ram (Core) x1
Corroder (Core) x1
Crypsis (Core) x2
Gordian Blade (Core) x2
Magnum Opus (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x1

Resource (7)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x2
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Sacrificial Construct (Core) x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
Jinteki decklist:

Total Cards: 49

Agenda (9)
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x3
Private Security Force (Core) x3

Asset (10)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x1
Project Junebug (Core) x1
Snare! (Core) x3
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x1
Adonis Campaign (Core) x2

ICE (20)
Enigma (Core) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3
Rototurret (Core) x2
Chum (Core) x2
Archer x1

Operation (6)
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Precognition (Core) x3

Upgrade (4)
Akitaro Watanabe (Core) x2
Red Herrings (Core) x2

I wasn't too happy with this build going in. Some changes need to be made in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh hey, I was your fourth round opponent. It was awful and I'm sorry, haha.

Tournament was a blast, though! Want to play more. Right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
mdanuser wrote:
Oh hey, I was your fourth round opponent. It was awful and I'm sorry, haha.

Tournament was a blast, though! Want to play more. Right now.

Totally not your fault. You just had a bad draw. We should play again some time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.