Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck name is a reference to the Killers' song, 'Human'. (Are we human, or are we dancer?) The name references your use of Biotic Labor and Bioroid ice.

This is my current HB deck and I have had strong success with it. This deck has now gone through four playtesting iterations against five different opposing decks.

It is a control deck that builds large ice forts. This deck is tough to break through against, and builds to an inevitable victory through money advantage.

**Haas-Bioroid** 49 Cards.

Agendas (9 cards / 21 points)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Priority Requisition
3 Private Security Force (oh man I can't wait to replace these after the expansion)
3 Wall of Static
3 Heimdall 1.0

Code Gates (8):
3 Chum (Jinteki - 3 influence total)
2 Viktor 1.0
3 Tollbooth (NBN - 6 influence total)

Sentries (6):
3 Rototurret
3 Ichi 1.0

Assets (7):
3 Adonis Campaign
3 Pad campaign
1 Melange Mining Corp

Upgrades (3):
2 Corporate Troubleshooter
1 San San City Grid (NBN - 3 influence)

Operations (7):
3 Hedge Fund
2 Archived Memories
2 Biotic Labor

The strategy is big money, lots of ice, make Accelerated Beta Test strong. Defend your Pad Campaigns and Adonis Campaigns with one piece of ice that makes trashing them inefficient. The extra ice makes this viable, and helps you to also guard archives (good against both Anarch and Criminal!). Use the extra money to pay for expensive ice, and Biotic Labor to score agendas in once turn. This makes every asset or upgrade you play look like a potential Agenda that might score next turn, which can induce runners to waste resources going through your main data fort to no effect.

Some card explanations:
* For Pad Campaign and Adonis Campaign, res them after your opponent's fourth action. This way you don't reveal them or pay for them until their first payment, and you don't lose out on any payments either. Its best to guard them with some ice, probably cheap ice, so that the opponent cant play Bank Job efficiently on you and gain money advantage. YOU are the one getting money advantage, its why you win when you win.

* San San City grid and Biotic Labor allow fast scoring of Agendas. This often allows you to play an asset or upgrade face down and threaten the runner, as if it were an agenda and they don't run it, you could score it next turn.

* Corporate Troubleshooter pumps Rototurret into a monster that ends their run and trashes a needed icebreaker, preventing another run. This keeps your agenda alive until your next turn. Works on other ice as well depending on the situation.

* Archived Memories gets agendas from archives into the safety of your hand or into a data fort. They could be in archives due to beta test or Noise' ability. It also returns Adonis or Pad Campaigns.

* Ichi is an amazing trap, and should probably not be rezzed when the opponent has no programs. Make them think its an ice that costs a ton that you cant afford, and then spring it on them later. Rototurret is a good trap as well. An unrezzed Rototurret at the end of a long data fort, pumped by Corporate Troubleshooter can be game winning, as they already spent money getting to it, and then it wrecks their day and ends the run.

Deck Modification Options:
Here are some things you can do to modify the deck to your style. Some of these I think are about as good. Some I think are worse after testing, but maybe you'll perform better with them:

* Fit in even more ice to improve Accelerated Beta Test results.

* Remove San San and use the influence on more big Ice like Archer or Wall of Thorns, and/or on something like Red Herrings or a third Biotic Labor.

* Add more or remove Melange Mining Corp based on your preferences.

* Remove Wall of Static and replace with other ice, such as out of faction sentries. I like Wall of Static because its cheap and ends the run, and costs 2 for any icebreaker to get through.

* Remove the Biotic Labor and San San, and play a more standard style of advancing agendas and protecting them for a turn. Add Aggressive Secretary and maybe Red Herrings to replace them.

* Do NOT remove Adonis Campaign or Pad Campaign, you bad player who wanted to remove them. This is HB. You are control. You are rich. You have lots of ice to defend your assets. You NEED to be rich to pay for your ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Corporate Troubleshooter is quickly becoming one of my favorite cards.

Looks like a solid build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Deck name is a reference to the Killers' song, 'Human'. (Are we human, or are we dancer?)

I like this song, but I've always suspected that it was written as a bet like "I bet I can write the song with the absolutely worst twee lyrics and still have it be semi-popular."

Then again, most Killer's lyrics sound like they just put a thesaurus in a blender. (Particularly that one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am testing cutting Heimdalls for Wall of Thorns. Heimdall can be disappointing. You pay $8 and they can still spend their turn getting through. Wall of Thorns also does more damage when run into unexpectedly.

This requires cutting San San, which can be replaced by another Biotic Labor, Archived Memories, Troubleshooter, Aggressive Secretary, or Melange Mining Corp of your preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corporate Troubleshooter plus Rototurret is EVIL. I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
Deck name is a reference to the Killers' song, 'Human'. (Are we human, or are we dancer?)

I like this song, but I've always suspected that it was written as a bet like "I bet I can write the song with the absolutely worst twee lyrics and still have it be semi-popular."

Then again, most Killer's lyrics sound like they just put a thesaurus in a blender. (Particularly that one).

Is there even a meaning to that line that makes it grammatically correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:

Is there even a meaning to that line that makes it grammatically correct?

Yeah, but its kindof philosophical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I don't mind a pop song having hidden depth, actually I wish more would. I'd love to hear the philosofical explanation that makes sense out of "are we" plural "dancer" singular
I blame my not being natively english speaking for not getting it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
Hey, I don't mind a pop song having hidden depth, actually I wish more would. I'd love to hear the philosofical explanation that makes sense out of "are we" plural "dancer" singular
I blame my not being natively english speaking for not getting it...

I'm sure somebody could give a more technical explanation, but essentially both "human" and "dancer" are functioning as adjectives (this is why it's "human" and not "humans"). "Human" doesn't sound that weird because, though it's a noun, we're (somewhat) accustomed to hearing it used as an adjective. Dancer is pretty much never used as an adjective, though in theory any noun can be used as an adjective if we share an understanding of the traits that typify the noun.

Also adding to the weirdness is the structure (Subject) (linking verb) (adjective) -- again, where the adjective is a re-purposed noun. It might not sound *as* weird to say "That's a dancer outfit." or "Those are my dancer shoes,", though clearly "dance" and "dancing" are the adjectives that most speakers would chose. But, the syntax at least makes it clear that "dancer" is an adjective, because it's right before the noun. Once you move it to the other side of a linking verb, your brain expects the much more common syntax (Subject) (linking verb) (noun), where the noun is just a noun -- this is what triggers the expectation of "dancers" rather than "dancer."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
I couldn't stand that song for the percieved fact that it sounded like horribly mangled english, but now I can at least appreciate it for reminding me that preconcieved notions are worth a challenge
Definitely only human

Sorry for dragging this far off topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Splittgerber
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I tested this deck five times or so, I felt like a bit more Econ was in order, but I was probably just making poor choices

How do you keep your coffers full against aggressive runners hellbent on making you Rez everything and/or trashing as much of your Econ as possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
Copperbad wrote:
I tested this deck five times or so, I felt like a bit more Econ was in order, but I was probably just making poor choices

How do you keep your coffers full against aggressive runners hellbent on making you Rez everything and/or trashing as much of your Econ as possible?

I think you need to focus on keeping your Adonis Campaigns safe by just keeping them behind a big row of ice on a remote server. Get your money up then reuse that remote server when you are finished taking those last three bits from Adonis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Copperbad wrote:

Thats the challenge. For every corp ever.
At least this deck has Adonis and the HB ability.

If you are feeling poor all the time, cut a couple large ice for more small ice like Enigma. Add a 3rd mining campaign. Etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Splittgerber
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm going to try it some more tonight, maybe against you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to post my own HB deck I just finished tuning but the list is very similar to yours (hooray brand new LCG) so I'll post my difference here and see what you think.

-3 Chum
+1 Viktor 1.0

+1 Melange Mining Corp

-1 San San City Grid

+2 Precognition

I was tired of getting crappy Beta Tests (even if I could rescue trashed Agendas with Archived Memories) so Precognition seemed like the best way to alleviate that.

Not quite as much ICE as I'd like but I had to make room for the Precogs.

A nice combo is to end a turn with Precog putting any ICE you see in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots and then your next turn is Required Draw > Biotic Labor > Install Beta Test > Complete Beta Test. Only need 6 credits in the bank to do it thanks to the HB identity power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.