Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have about 5 games under my belt... now I'm not sure anymore how to interpret the italicized verbage in rule 7.2.B. In essence, it reads:

"Subsequent to flipping the American PC counter, the British may use an additional activation...to make a naval movement to that now friendly port."

The highlight of "additional activation" is mine and is the crux of my confusion. I originally interpreted this to mean that the Birish player literally gets an ADDITIONAL activation beyond what the campaign card allows.

For instance, on a Minor Campaign card play, I assumed the Brit player could 1) activate a General, then 2) conduct a Landing Party by placing/flipping a marker. THEN by virtue of the italicized wording in rules, the player can subsequently use an ADDITIONAL activation (i.e., additonal to the number of activations allowed by the campaign card) to conduct a Naval movement to that SAME port.

BUT...

After re-reading the example of play in the PLAYBOOK, I'm confused. The example on page 8 shows the Brit player conducting a Landing Party in lieu of his first activation, then conducting a naval movement to that same port as his second activation. Turn ends there.

I don't see how the second activation in the exmple counts as an "additional" activation. Its already mandated by the campaign card, so there's nothing "additional" about it. Is the example wrong (or incomplete), or is my interpretation of the word, "additional" wrong?

Thanks much for any clarifcation or comments! I hope to give back to this community with a file or two to soon be dropped in the files section.

Barry M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't get an extra activation. One is for the landing party PC removal, the you have to use an additional activation to move your general. Additional means the one that removes the PC is NOT the same one that activates the moving general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
No, you don't get an extra activation. One is for the landing party PC removal, the you have to use an additional activation to move your general. Additional means the one that removes the PC is NOT the same one that activates the moving general.

Correct... without the phrase there were questions of when could you use the port from playtesting.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark,

Thanks so much for your reply. Count me "un-confused" now!

I've added a couple aids to the files library (one is pending) as a way of giving back to everyone who helps us "newbies." Much appreciated, especially when the game designer takes the time to answer our questions.

Barry M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.