Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1) I do not quite understand why the need for the wording "Not bothered by larger carnivo- res or omnivores, and so can share a cabin with them. So there can be a second carnivore or omnivore in a cabin with a hedgehog."?

Since Carivore has to be the lightest animal in the cabin, I presume hedgehog/turtle has no problem for a hedgehog to go into a cabin of larger animals?

I understand the special ability is to allow hedgehog and turtle to be placed in a cabin with larger carbivore, right?

through these forums I come across 2 rules which I could not lcoate in the rulebook.

2a)Where is this rule that states that could only be one carnivore in a single cabin?
can't a smaller carnivore be placed in a cabin with larger carnivore based on the rule?

2b)can a smaller (1) herbivore be placed after a (2) carnivore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you have the special ability right.

You cannot play two carnivores in the same cabin as the larger one will immediately eat the smaller one...carnivores don't care if they're eating an herbivore or another carnivore...it's all food to them! Rule is on pg. 7 under the third bullet point.

In answer to your second question, the only thing that intimidates a carnivore is a larger herbivore; you may not have an herbivore that is smaller than a carnivore in the same cabin.

The only exception to the rule is the hedgehog since it is an omnivore. It may be placed in a cabin that already has a larger omnivore or carnivore...hence the special wording for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so I believe the answer to 2b) is NO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
so I believe the answer to 2b) is NO.

Correct. More so, an herbivore of the SAME weight is also not allowed to be added. Only HEAVIER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.