Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Krump
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was directed over here by a kind poster. Long story short, my parents are going to these places, starting in the next few days:
My parents are going to Germany & Prague soon, and have been kind enough to offer to grab me some things while they are there. Anybody know of any gaming stores in these areas? ANY help would really be appreciated!

We've got 3 days in Munich, Germany
3 days in Berchtesgarden, Germany
3 Days in Prague,
Plus one day each in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany and Kaiserslautern, Germany. And literally 8 hours in Heidelburg.

Are or what are the gaming stores in those areas? I'm trying to get a couple of things, and would love to get some help. I'm not having much luck on my own. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanz RafDE
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you can do is to order online and ask the store to ship your order to the hotel they are staying at. I recommend Magierspiele in Hamburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Kaiserslautern and go to...

Gerd's Comicladen Kaiserslautern
Pirmasenserstr. 37
67655 Kaiserslautern
Tel.: +49 (0) 631 - 25126
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, Munich does not have what I consider to be a great game store.

There are these, however, which might suit you, depending on what you're looking for:

Obletter: Toys and games with a good-sized selection of games in the basement; staff are not necessarily gamers, but if you know what you're looking for, this might be a good choice.
here

Games-In Roll-playing games, miniatures games and many foreign imports, also fantasy and SF literature (unfortunately, the owner is a bit of a grouch)
here

Funtainment mainly miniatures games and CCGs, lots of play space, very friendly staff)
here

Deparment Stores like Galeria Kaufhof (letter B in the map) and Karstadt also have surprisingly large game sections, and not only mass market titles either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanzetti wrote:
One thing you can do is to order online and ask the store to ship your order to the hotel they are staying at. I recommend Magierspiele in Hamburg.

I really like Magierspiele but they take 3-7 days for shipment. This would be a problem if you stay in a hotel for three days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Krump
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else have ANY suggestions? I'm really trying to get this nailed down as best as possible before they go.

And to those who have helped, thank you very much it's highly appreciated. PM me if you need anything from the States!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuliyan Kalaydzhiev
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have to second Celtic Joker- Munich, otherwise being a superb city, lacks a good games store. Obletter is a nice option - mostly mainstream games with some exceptions. The problem is (to my opinion) that it's a bit overpriced! Galeria Kaufhof and Karstadt are good alternatives, but have a smaller selection of games. Sometimes (rather rarely) they have some quite attractive deals.

If I were you I would do some research on what games I want from Europe and order them from the BGG market, Ebay, Amazon or other game store sites. Have them delivered to the hotel and kept there until your parents/you arrive. I think that atleast in Germany that shouldn't be a problem. If you like, you can PM me for a list of nice online retailers, I'd be glad to help. Keep in mind: Shipping within Germany usually takes 2 days. I'd order well in advance though, just to be on the sure side

Good luck and have fun in Europe (didn't really understood if you are going with your parents or not )!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Krump
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My parents are going. I got a few places, but their itinerary is PACKED, so it's a crap-shoot no matter what. I'm mostly going for RPGs, but there are some board/card games in there. Like a few feet of snow and such. (There are others, but I don't have my list in front of me.)

I won't be going overseas until the end of the year, but that'll be England. Might have some luck there, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aysez wrote:
My parents are going. I got a few places, but their itinerary is PACKED, so it's a crap-shoot no matter what. I'm mostly going for RPGs, but there are some board/card games in there. Like a few feet of snow and such. (There are others, but I don't have my list in front of me.)

I won't be going overseas until the end of the year, but that'll be England. Might have some luck there, though.

The shop in Kaiserslautern has a lot of RPGs too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Krump
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the heads-up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.