Subject: Argent Adept infinite combo??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Brown Deer
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The perform text of Inspiring Supertonic (Harmony) allows for "one player" to use a power now. If that player is Argent Adept...and say he has an instrument that allows him to activate the perform of a Harmony card...isn't that an infinite combo?

The issue came up when a player tonight had Telamon's Lyra (activate a perform of a harmony and a accompany of a rhythm), Inspiring Supertonic (harmony perform: one player may use a power), and Syncopated Onslaught out (rhythm accompany: deals 1 target 1 sonic damage). He giggled a bit, looked wide-eyed and said...I think I do infinite damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some rule in the book that states you can only use a specific power once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 of the Enhanced Edition rulebook
Note: Even if a hero may use multiple powers in a turn, each instance of a power may only be used once per turn.

Or indeed page 6(!) of the Infernal Relics rulebook, under the FAQ section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the "only use a power once per turn" prevents it from being "infinite", but you CAN chain Telamon's Lyre to Musaragni's Harp to some other instrument, picking up Accompany's as you go. So, not infinite, but definitely chainable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.