Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious to hear how tomatoes, olives and apples came to be in the game. I haven't found much on the expansion and am wondering how it ties into your scoring. Any info is appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Zero--Thanks for your question. I haven't released too much information about the expansion yet, but this summary should help:

Having mastered the craft of running a vineyard, the players decide to enhance their brand by adding olive oil, tomato sauce, and apples to their inventory. Wine is still their primary product, so the players decide to package the new goods with wine orders, thus enhancing the overall value of their vineyards.

With the new arbors (trees), structures, and actions, the workers start to grumble that they’re overworked. Every year their morale dips lower and lower, and eventually the quality of their work results in a blow to each vineyard’s image…unless the players decide to shower workers with gifts of the wine, olive oil, tomato sauce, and apples they’re producing. In fact, some players may be able to increase their worker morale so much that they’ll gain victory points for their generosity!

With the help of the new products, a new “superworker,” and good management styles, players will be back on track in their competition to be the top vineyard in Tuscany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sky Zero--Thanks for your question. I haven't released too much information about the expansion yet, but this summary should help:

Having mastered the craft of running a vineyard, the players decide to enhance their brand by adding olive oil, tomato sauce, and apples to their inventory. Wine is still their primary product, so the players decide to package the new goods with wine orders, thus enhancing the overall value of their vineyards.

With the new arbors (trees), structures, and actions, the workers start to grumble that they’re overworked. Every year their morale dips lower and lower, and eventually the quality of their work results in a blow to each vineyard’s image…unless the players decide to shower workers with gifts of the wine, olive oil, tomato sauce, and apples they’re producing. In fact, some players may be able to increase their worker morale so much that they’ll gain victory points for their generosity!

With the help of the new products, a new “superworker,” and good management styles, players will be back on track in their competition to be the top vineyard in Tuscany.

Thanks for providing insight into the expansion! It sounds like something I'll need to work up to with the wife, but am happy I'll have it when she's ready to add additional strategies to the game. May can't come soon enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! It adds an extra level of complexity to the game that might not be needed for some people.

I can't wait for May too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.