8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: The BGG photographers thread! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: photos [+] [View All]
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Being an amateur photographer myself, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where my fellow geeks can post our photographs and provide some comments and criticisms of each others work.

To start things off, here are some my photos:

Cheers!

~Euen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb

This the 2010 Kentucky Oaks race taken from my seat. I never had an interest in sports photography but I had friends who were part owners of number 8 and I had good seats in the 4th turn. I'm pretty pleased with the final result - the result of cropping off the top of the photo and not the result of the race. Number 8 finished 4th. I lost my courtesy bet. Of course the photo looks better if viewed bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
braveheart101 wrote:
Being an amateur photographer myself, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where my fellow geeks can post our photographs and provide some comments and criticisms of each others work.

To start things off, here are some my photos:

Cheers!

~Euen

Looks like nuclear cloud and the aftermath. Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
scribidinus wrote:

This the 2010 Kentucky Oaks race taken from my seat. I never had an interest in sports photography but I had friends who were part owners of number 8 and I had good seats in the 4th turn. I'm pretty pleased with the final result - the result of cropping off the top of the photo and not the result of the race. Number 8 finished 4th. I lost my courtesy bet. Of course the photo looks better if viewed bigger.

That looks great! I really like the composition. What kind of camera do you use?

~Euen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very amateur, but I like to photograph freight train graffiti.

Here's a set of my favorites so far that I've doctored up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaddyboy_2000/sets/72157621187...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
How about favorite photos that I have photoshopped into a poster?

Our local SciFi convention's name is MisCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I'm very amateur, but I like to photograph freight train graffiti.

Here's a set of my favorites so far that I've doctored up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaddyboy_2000/sets/72157621187...

That is a neat idea man. Very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a Pentax K10D DSLR. I had a non-OEM 80-200 zoom attached.

My Dad left me a bunch of Pentax 35mm film SLR stuff back in 2005 and I read that his old lenses were compatible with new Pentax digital SLRs, so I bought this Pentax body when it was the top of the Pentax line.

I cropped the top of the photo signficantly to make the horses in the top 1/3rd of the composition. It was just good photographic fortune that my friend's horse, #8, was on the outside of the pack when they were in the turn.

Here is another from the same day. Pink is THE color on Oaks Day as the race is dedicated to breast cancer awareness. Almost all of my "serious" photography, though, was shot on film in the 80's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.