Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my 'grown up' copy of the game for myself to play, but I wanted to get a set of proxies printed out so that I can play with my daughter. Her shuffling skills...are un-nerving...to put it nicely. Neither of my kids inherited my OCD, and when it comes to handling cards it becomes apparent.

So I have spent the last couple of days making a minimalist card set that they will be able to double riffle without me taking my heart medicine.

Here's a sample of what the cards look like. Not going to post the set, or give them out to anyone, but I did want to see what you guys thought of them...

Eagles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like an what would happen if Netrunner met Innovation and I love the simplicity of the art style of Innovation. Great job!

And a great way of being able to share the game with those that are less careful than we are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought sleeves (shrug).

I do intend to proxy all the neutral cards so I can have 6 playable decks out of the box (for causal play, of course). Might proxy everything I need to get three-ofs of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Withnails liver wrote:
It looks like an what would happen if Netrunner met Innovation and I love the simplicity of the art style of Innovation. Great job!

And a great way of being able to share the game with those that are less careful than we are!

Thanks! I just looked up Innovation and I am definitely going to add that to my wish list.

LOL...'less careful' I need to get some pics of cards they've mangled and post them.

Eagles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the sleeve thing, but after a couple of the 'Dragon Shield' brand (expensive) sleeves ripped during her shuffling, I had to take a step back and re-evaluate the plan of allowing the kids to touch any of my games...

Safety first!

Eagles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, she ripped Dragon Shields with her shuffling?!?!

Heck with the pictures of the cards, I want to see a video of her shuffling. I imagine a hammer is involved, or a blender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb

Rhode Island
msg tools
Eagles wrote:
I did the sleeve thing, but after a couple of the 'Dragon Shield' brand (expensive) sleeves ripped during her shuffling, I had to take a step back and re-evaluate the plan of allowing the kids to touch any of my games...

She probably just didn't know how to shuffle sleeved cards and pushed the bottom corners of some cards into the (open) top edges of other cards. Just make sure she pushes sides of cards into corners of cards, then nothing will ever go wrong (and it feels awesome).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malhaku wrote:
I imagine a hammer is involved, or a blender.

LOL

Yeah...she does a number on them. I blame her uncle who taught her how to shuffle and then double riffle them 'Vegas style' (her words as told to her by her nefarious uncle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eagles
United States
Springdale
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked YT and it is the 'dovetail' maneuver after she riffle shuffles, which in and of itself is fine, but she lets the cards get upside down and the upside down cards then 'smash' into the other cards allowing card(s) sleeves to get pushed into one another and then when she dovetails it is like a Samurai Iaijutsu duel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.