Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Edit: Title for truth)

So, we have a nasssty fire into the hex with all four British units already broken. Donna asked if she gets to draw on the Partisan deck to see if they actually die when they are again broken. I'm pretty sure they do, but not certain.

Also, do the British get the Partisan Melee benefits since they are using the Partisan deck?

Also, is Lt Dan worth only a single casualty point same as the partisan units?

I checked the files and couldn't find the answer, but am perfectly capable of having missed it.

Thanks for any help.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Scenario 67, Orient Express - Do British Units get Partisan Benefits?
Chick - Didn't you read all of SSR#3? There it specifically mentions that the Commandos are British units (not partisans) for all rules purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Richard.

Well - - - let's just say I read the beginning and the end of SSR#3.

Then again, to nit pick, if they are British units for ALL rules purposes, they couldn't be activated with Partisan Order cards. (Edit: this idea is rightly steamrollered below)

Apologies for posting another stupid question. I must learn not to post questions late at night.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
chicklewis wrote:
Then again, to nit pick, if they are British units for ALL rules purposes, they couldn't be activated with Partisan Order cards.

I really question this nit pick, so if you could enlighten me...care to show me this rule?

And let's use the rules to answer your specific questions again:

Quote:
Donna asked if she gets to draw on the Partisan deck to see if they actually die when they are again broken.

They don't have circled morale, so no.

Quote:
Also, do the British get the Partisan Melee benefits since they are using the Partisan deck?

Which benefits are you talking about? One of the Partisan benefits is boxed FP (+1 in Melee) which the British Commandos don't have, so no. But yes, you could play the KNIFE action out of hand.

Quote:
Also, is Lt Dan worth only a single casualty point same as the partisan units?

Only Partisan UNITS are worth 1 VP. As the SSR indicates, the Commandos are British units, so worth the normal amount of VPs.

All that being said, they still are part of the Partisan player's forces (they are listed as such on the Scenario card). And the Partisan player will use their Fate Cards to activate their units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Sorry for annoying you, Richard.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
chicklewis wrote:
Sorry for annoying you

No annoyance at all, just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked something in the rules. Please do continue to ask questions if you are uncertain about a ruling or interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read it Partisan leaders can modify the Commando teams' values (though they cannot activate them). This is even though Partisan leaders cannot modify Partisan units' values because they are not squads or teams. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.