Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi!

I’m looking to start a regular group to play A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) in Stockholm. I find it one of the greatest gaming experiences one can have, and would like to play it all the time. Since it requires 6 players and several hours, it is usually difficult to get a game together. A regular group seems like the answer.

If this sounds interesting, send a raven or post in this thread, whichever is more convenient for you. No prior experience required.

EDIT: the group has started and is always looking for more members! Go to AGoT Sthlm to join!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hubbe hubbsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Vart i sthlm är det tänkt att hållas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife would be interested, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathias lee
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jag är på.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jag är också intresserad.

Bra initiativ!

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nice to see you replies! I'll PM everyone that says they are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Claesson
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Intressant, men jag kan inte närvara regelbundet. Provar gärna en gång dock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
AGoT Sthlm inaugural sessions
Allright! I got more than enough replies to get this show on the road!

The call for players was posted both at BGG and at Brädspelslistan, and I got replies from both places, from 12 people in total.

In response to this interest I added an extra inaugural session, on Sunday October 21. Players have been invited by PM to attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would like to join in on a game or two!

- Björn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
After you come up with a cool name you may also want to register the game group.

On top of being easier to find for other gamers you also get a nifty shared calendar to plan game-nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Added Björn H (Bjorne) to the rotating players list. Welcome on board! Subscribe to this thread to stay informed of upcoming games.

I'll be creating a guild here on BGG to make this easier to manage. Just want to make sure the inaugural sessions proceed as planned first. Thx for the tip monkeyhandz!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We lost a player from the 2nd inaugural session on October 21. Fredrik Claesson (Grendel) is at the top of the list and rotates in. I'll update the top post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alright, since it's been a while since we put this together, would the players for the first inaugural session please confirm their participation here in the thread:
Mikael Nilsson
Johan Carstensen
Witold H + wife (Vitoldus)
Björn Jorner (Zmirc)

Say something about your previous experience while you're at it, and throw out any questions you might have. Oh, and maybe say something about where you are in the books, if you worry about spoilers during the game.

Myself, I've got a couple of games experience of 1st edition. I've read all the books (twice).

First thing Saturday we'll do a random house draw. So looking forward to this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Jorner
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
I've played the second edition five times, but the last game was a while back. I finished the last book yesterday but haven't seen the tv version.

I also play the AGoT card game.

Very much looking forward to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll be there. We have seen the game being played in our guild in Ireland, but we never had enough time to play ourselves. We're familiar with the rules though.

Shannon's through the second book, I am waiting to read the books once the TV show's over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Nilsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi I can show up on the 13th ... just as a confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent! We've got ourselves a game!

I'll punch the counters for the brand new game that I got for this tonight, as well as read through the rules so I have a firm grasp of them. I'll probably print UniversalHead's reference sheets as well.

Everyone didn't state their experience level, but I suggest reading through some strategy articles in the game forum here on BGG if you're newish. Another excellent way of learning how the game plays is reading through some PBF games, also available in the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The first session has been played as planned! A big thank you to everyone, it was great having you! I'm happy it worked out so well to put this together. Yay!

We started with a rules run-through to make sure everyone was up to speed and then got down to it. The game took two hours longer than expected, but I'll chalk that one up to inexperience. Witold and Shannon brought cake, also yay!

Houses were:
Mikael - Martell
Johan - Tyrell
Witold - Baratheon
Shannon - Greyjoy
Björn - Lannister
Mattias - Stark

All houses were still in contention towards the endgame. House Tyrell (Johan) was victorious with five victory areas and won the tiebreaker on having more strongholds than Lannister. House Baratheon played an essential part in the endgame, lending support with their fleet to several battles on the east coast and helping House Tyrell to victory. In the Game of Thrones, it pays to keep good friends!

Hope to see you all again next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alright, since it's been a while since we put this together, would the players for the second inaugural session please confirm their participation on Sunday the 21st here in the thread:
RobGuilliman
badmojo
Jonas Dicksen
Einar Sandström
Fredrik Claesson (Grendel)

Say something about your previous experience while you're at it, and throw out any questions you might have. Oh, and maybe say something about where you are in the books, if you worry about spoilers during the game.

Myself, I've got a couple of games experience of 1st edition. I've read all the books (twice).

First thing Saturday we'll do a random house draw. So looking forward to this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can attend next Saturday (21st), and will let you know well in advance if something gets in the way.

Have played the 1st edition a couple of times around 2004 -2005 as well as the 2nd edition maybe three or four times since the release.

Reading the last book at the moment, but I do not worry about spoilers.

Best,
Tom

PS would be great to try out the mini-expansion "Dance of the Dragons" from FFG in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
badmojo wrote:
I can attend next Saturday (21st)

Just to make sure: that's Sunday the 21st. After this extra inaugural session, games will be held every other Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Fredrik Claeson (Grendel) has excused himself from the game on Sunday and has asked to be removed from the list. The next player (hubbe) rotates in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sunday, got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Sandstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
I confirm my participation in the game 21/10 /Einar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Dicksen
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Hej,

Kan vara med på söndag.

Mvh / Jonas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.