Hide
2 Posts

Chez Cthulhu» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else have this card flaw? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patch
msg tools
The main (100+) card deck comes in two separate sealed decks. When I opened the packs in a friend's game, I discovered that one deck was cut on a different die, as the cards were about 1/16" longer than the other deck, and the corners were slightly different. This made shuffling very difficult, as the longer cards would stay clumped and not shuffle properly. The widths were the same, so I could modify my riff shuffle with the cards facing the long way, but it really puts a curve in the deck that you have to bend out when you're done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Use a "perfect shuffle" aka "Faro Shuffle". It's easier on the cards, it breaks up more adjacencies than a riffle, and it's untroubled by any imperfections - you only need one good edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAm6KZDLwug&feature=related

This is the only shuffle I use. The only problem is that very few people have seen it, so they don't understand what you're doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.