Popular Tags: [View All]
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a shotgun and am in a zone with a zombie. There is also a zombie in an adjacent zone.

I roll two hits.

Do both zombies take hits or should I have declared whether I was making a close or long ranged attack?

Not sure I like the idea of rolling and then deciding - thematically I'd be aiming (trying at least) for a specific target.

Any thoughts or rules that I might have missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shot will affect only one zone - not explicitly stated in the rules but you infer this from the rules.

The rules, AFAIK, don't specify that you must declare your target zone before rolling but that is the way I interpret and play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty clear from the rulebook that you choose 1 (and only one) zone within range.

'The survivor uses a Ranged Weapon he is holding to shoot at a Zone (singular) that is within the range that is shown on the weapon...' (p.8, rulebook)

'When a Zone (singular) is chosen for a Ranged Combat...' (p.13, rulebook)

'The SMG has a range of 0-1, which means it can shoot in the Zone where his owner is in OR into the adjacent Zone. (p.13, rulebook)

(My parentheses, and capitals on 'OR'.)

There is an ability that lets you target more than one zone but no survivor has it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For more evidence, the "Trick Shot" skill grants a survivor the ability to target two different zones when dual wielding ranged weapons (i.e. each weapon targets a different zone during one combat action). If you could already target two different zones, even with a single ranged weapon, this skill would be obsolete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.