Rex: Final Days of an Empire» Forums » General

Subject: Color for the plastic model ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Papa
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi just want to ask what color scheme do you use when painting the ships? and does it have a proper schemes to begin with? can't seem to find images showing the actual colors.. thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
They're Sol, right? So probably straight up metal/composites. In TI3 they use a lighter blue with the yellow for coloring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chris
Japan
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
I always thought they were referred to the "Black Fleet", although that might be more metaphorical and not literal.

From the Shattered Empire rulebook:
"Salai could see the emerging outlines of the Sol fleet. Like a vast swarm of black birds, the vessels soon shrouded the stars."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
thechris01 wrote:
I always thought they were referred to the "Black Fleet", although that might be more metaphorical and not literal.

From the Shattered Empire rulebook:
"Salai could see the emerging outlines of the Sol fleet. Like a vast swarm of black birds, the vessels soon shrouded the stars."

Well, based on that quote, it sounds like it was dark out, so they would be dark shapes, and even if it was day, seeing the ships against a bright sky at a distance would likely make them look black.

I don't think there's much in the lore in either TI3 or Rex to specify the exact color of any of the ships other than metaphorically, although in TI3, those who paint ships for each race tend to make the Sol ships a light blue with yellow highlights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.