Subject: 3 burning questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lewis
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Arythea's skill token "power of pain": If I turn a wound card sideways using this abilitity, can I then heal the wound during my end of turn step? (before discarding cards that were played)

"Mana Storm" advanced action card: Is this card just worse in solo play? Because if I take a die from the source to play the secondary ability, then there are only two dice left in the source for me to reroll and use, correct?

Pre-ordering the expansion: Does this have to be shipped in from Canada? I was about to preorder from a site and corresponded with them about shipping costs...am I just looking at the wrong site?

Thanks!~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
mbuna120 wrote:
Arythea's skill token "power of pain": If I turn a wound card sideways using this abilitity, can I then heal the wound during my end of turn step? (before discarding cards that were played)

No. The wound is being played, and it goes to the discard along with other played cards. By the time it is in your discard at the end of the turn, it's too late to play cards/use skills/activate Units.

mbuna120 wrote:
"Mana Storm" advanced action card: Is this card just worse in solo play? Because if I take a die from the source to play the secondary ability, then there are only two dice left in the source for me to reroll and use, correct?

It lets you use three additional dice (i.e. up to four total), so it will indeed have a lesser effect in solo where only three total are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewis
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Quote:
mbuna120 wrote:

No. The wound is being played, and it goes to the discard along with other played cards. By the time it is in your discard at the end of the turn, it's too late to play cards/use skills/activate Units.

One further question just to be sure on this one. The skill token reads: Once per turn you may play a wound card sideways for +2. Discard this wound at the end of turn. So if I heal after moving, for instance, then I have not yet discarded this card, its still in my play area. Is it unhealable because its in my play area and not my hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maloof

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
mbuna120 wrote:
One further question just to be sure on this one. The skill token reads: Once per turn you may play a wound card sideways for +2. Discard this wound at the end of turn. So if I heal after moving, for instance, then I have not yet discarded this card, its still in my play area. Is it unhealable because its in my play area and not my hand?

Correct. A point of healing lets you throw away a wound from your hand, not your play area or discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewis
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.