Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
NinjitZoo is a hand management card game for 2-5 players, in which you assist a bunch of ninjanimals escape an obstacle rigged zoo. A light-hearted family game, NinjitZoo would best be suited to players who enjoyed games such as Fluxx, Munchkin, and Gloom.

We have spent the last year developing and playtesting internally and are now seeking help from active playtesters in the BGG community.

Please feel free to print off a set of the prototype cards and instructions and leave your constructive criticism(s) in this thread.

Anyone who makes a suggestion we decide to implement will be thanked/acknowledged in the official set of instructions.

We look forward to seeing your thoughts/ideas

Game: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m0d50rsqjqlgrlv/ninjitzoo-prin...
Instructions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4kw4d187xygded5/ninjitzoo-inst...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
It should probably be mentioned too that this game WILL officially be released in the public realm, this is not just another backyard project.

We have achieved funding through Pozible and the game will be printed/distributed in the coming months. But we wanted to receive the BGG input though before this happens.

At Blue Room games, we value the opinion of players such as yourself, and would greatly appreciate your input in this game.

Think of it this way - you'll either be contributing to a fantastic game, one that you'll be able to state you were apart of; OR you'll be helping mould something that doesn't attract you into something that does. Either way, you win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really my bag of pretzels, but good luck all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"released in the public realm" thats a very odd use of term.

I assume you mean it'll be made available for sale, and dont mean "it'll be released into public domain".

Theme sounds very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
"released in the public realm" thats a very odd use of term.

I assume you mean it'll be made available for sale, and dont mean "it'll be released into public domain".

Theme sounds very interesting.

Yes, perhaps a poor choice of words. I simply meant it will be released to the public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:

I saw you ranked Munchkin and Munchkin Fu fairly highly in your lists. May I ask why NinjitZoo doesn't appeal to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mrninjit wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

I saw you ranked Munchkin and Munchkin Fu fairly highly in your lists. May I ask why NinjitZoo doesn't appeal to you?

My wife and I don't really play any of the Munchkin games anymore, but I haven't bothered to drop my ratings to reflect this. The jokes got old quickly, and the games just weren't meaty enough to have any longevity.

Actually, that's not true. We still enjoy the cowboy version of Munchkin on occasion when we visit family and friends. Not sure why that one is still amusing to us. Maybe the jokes are better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
designer
playtesthub.firebaseapp.com
badge
patreon.com/theTrueMikeBrown
mbmbmbmbmb
downloading it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
mrninjit wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

My wife and I don't really play any of the Munchkin games anymore, but I haven't bothered to drop my ratings to reflect this. The jokes got old quickly, and the games just weren't meaty enough to have any longevity.

Actually, that's not true. We still enjoy the cowboy version of Munchkin on occasion when we visit family and friends. Not sure why that one is still amusing to us. Maybe the jokes are better?

That is always the problem with humour-based games. Same thing occurred when I played 'Cards Against Humanity' at my local games store's board game night last night. At first, I was in fits of laughter. But after about 15 minutes of play the humour had almost entirely worn off and it became a really stale game.
NinjitZoo definitely has a humour theme, but even with blank cards (we've tested this) its gameplay is still interesting and engaging enough to enjoy. Albeit this means next-to-nothing, coming from one of the game's creators.
I think with humorous games if you rely entirely on the theme, you will eventually fall flat. We've tried to remedy this, but without official BGG feedback, it's really not my place to say whether or not we were successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Anyone had a chance to playtest yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
We're at the stages of printing now and before this goes ahead I'm pretty desperate to know two things.

1. Is this a simple game to learn?
2. Are there too many symbols to follow?

Willing to tip anyone who provides an answer to these 2 questions. Please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rules seem well laid out and designed. icons are all clear too. good luck with the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.